Chapter 18

*A few days later*

Demi

I woke up laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. Its been a few days and still Joe hasn't called or texted me. I called him and every time I called I would hit his voicemail. Something was up and I needed to know. I was upset. Why wouldn't he return my calls? I was also getting a bit furious. I picked up my phone from the nightstand and called him. A few rings went by and it hit his voicemail. I decided on leaving a message at the beep.

"Hey Joe this is like my 17th message to you. Why haven't you picked up? I'm getting worried. Anyways, call me back when you can love you." I pressed the end call button and let out a groan stuffing my face into the pillow. I just hope Joe was fine and he would call me soon.

Joe

"Oh and remember that time in science class when you almost exploded the classroom from that chemical reaction?" Ashley said through laughter. I let out a laugh and responded back.

"How could I not? The teacher got so upset! Her face turned so red!" And we both errupted into a fit of laugher. We were sitting at a burger place and drinking milkshakes. Laughing and having a good time while sharing old memories. I've been showing Ashley around the past few days the sites and tourist sites in Los Angeles. We were having such a great time.

"We should start heading back." Ashley got up from her seat. I got and up and we headed towards my car. It was a somewhat of a long drive back to my house so there had to be something we could talk about.

"So are the schools here nice?" She was looking out the window.

"Yeah they're alright." I said while focusing on the road.

"Are there a lot of people at your school?" 

"Yeah there are."

"So you probably made a lot of new friends here huh?" She said. Friends. I didn't really make that many friends except Demi. Demi! A rage of guilt ran over me. I completely forgot about her these past few days because of Ashley. I felt bad for not responding back to her texts and calls. I felt more than bad actually. I would respond to her texts and calls, but Ashley would be pulling me to look at something or we would be heading towards our next tourist spot to check something out. By the end of the day, I would be tired and forget. I decided on responding back to Ashley's question.

"Well not really. I just made one." I told her. I looked to see her expression. Her face and body stiffened.

"Oh yeah her name's Remi right?" She said. She seemed a bit angry. I forgot I told her about Demi.

"Her name's Demi." She seemed more upset and angry now than before.

"Oh. Will I get to meet her?" She asked. Oh no. Her and Demi meeting that wouldn't end well. I still needed to tell Ashley that Demi's my girlfriend now. I've made many attempts but each time I would get interrupted. I would then forget or I didn't have the nerve to tell her. I thought about her question again. Demi probably wouldn't be too thrilled to meet Ashley either I'm guessing.

"We'll see."