Chapter 43

*1 week later*

Joe

It was Valentine's day and prom was tomorrow. Demi told me she was going to wear a red dress so I had to find a matching red tie. My mom helped me pick out a tux and corsage it was really boring and tiring. I didn't know how picky women could be as well. I would pick out a red tie and my mother would say it's 'maroon' and I needed a brighter red. If something is red it's red! I finally found the matching tie and since today was Valentine's day I had the perfect idea planned. I went downstairs to my mom and dad celebrating their valentine's day. My dad gave her roses and a box of chocolate. I smiled at myself hoping one day that could be me. To be happily married and have kids and to spend the rest of my life with the person that I loved. I sat down for breakfast and my brothers came down a while later.

"Ugh I hate this day." Nick groaned as he ate his breakfast.

"Don't be upset that you don't have someone to spend it with." I said to him jokingly. He glared at me.

"What are you and Demi doing today then?" He questioned.

"Just gonna take her out that's all." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Wow sounds romantic." Nick said sarcastically I rolled my eyes. After eating I went upstairs to get ready for school.

Demi

I got ready for school and headed downstairs for breakfast. Thankfully today was Friday and tomorrow was prom. I was excited to go with Joe. I went dress shopping with my mother and sister and we found the perfect red dress. It was also Valentine's day and Joe said he was gonna take me somewhere tonight.

"Morning." My parents said as I sat down at the table for breakfast. My sisters joined me later.

"Demi, Dallas, Maddie, your father and I are gonna be out tonight and we're gonna be staying at a hotel tonight. We'll be home by tomorrow morning. So we're trusting you guys will behave at home." My mom said. Dallas snickered.

"Oooh mom, dad how romantic." My mom and dad both lightly chuckled.

"But mom Joe and I were going out tonight." I said to her.

"Okay Demi but be safe and I want you home no later than 10. Joe's also welcome to stay but he has to be in the guest room." I nodded agreeing to her terms. I then went up the stairs to get ready for school when Dallas grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Where are you and Joe going tonight?" She asked me I continued walking up the stairs with her.

"He said he was gonna take me out. Do you think you could maybe..." I dragged the question hopefully giving her the hint.

"Give you the house for the night?" She raised her eyebrows I gave her a pleading look batting my eyes.

"And take Maddie with you? He'll be in the guest room before mom and dad get back I swear." She nodded and I hugged her tightly thanking her.

I texted Joe asking if he can pick me up so we could go to school. He responded back later saying he had do a few things before getting to school. I asked Dallas if she could drive me and she did. We were at the front of my school.

"Be safe tonight Demi. I'll be home around 11 so it should give you enough time." She winked at me. I laughed.

"Thank you again. But what are you and Maddie gonna do?" I asked her.

"We'll figure out something." I opened the door and started to head out.

"Bye Demi have a good day and be safe and use condoms." She shouted the last part before speeding off. I rolled my eyes and started heading towards my locker. There were pink and red hearts all over my locker. I smiled to myself and opened the locker up to find a box of chocolates and an I love you teddy bear.