Epilogue

*April 28th, 2020*

"Thank you Los Angeles and goodnight!!" I took my bow and headed backstage where the team patted my back. That was one heck of a show. We met in the room and my manager Phil comes in.

"Good job tonight Joe. The team and I are going to get some dinner. Do you want to come with us?" I drank some water and wiped my forehead.

"I'm good. I think I'm gonna head home." I told him.

"Alright well goodnight." Phil left my room. I changed into some sweats and hoodie before I headed out. When I went through the backdoor fans were screaming and camera flashes were going off. I waved to all of them and smiled. I took some pictures and signed some stuff before security rushed me to my car. I went back to my house in LA. It was huge and spacious. I punched in the code to get in and the gates opened. I drove through the driveway and parked my car. I opened up the door and my dog Winston came up to me. I pet him and fed him before I went upstairs. That was probably one of the best performances I put on. When I was upstairs I checked my phone and saw the date. April 28th. Yesterday I was mourning over the loss of a girl I still loved deeply to this day. It's been 6 years and I still think about her every day. I still wear the necklace that holds our relationship and I still wear the beautiful watch she gave me. I've never taken any of them off. Yesterday I went to her grave and visted her and I went to our special tree that I haven't been to since I graduated high school. The carving was still there and so was the date. January 2nd 2014. I haven't been feeling her presence as much lately but that's okay because I was for once doing alright. A couple years into college, I wasn't doing alright as I missed Demi more and more each day. That was when I learned I had to move on. I had to leave her because now she was only a memory. It was hard but it's something I still work on to this day. I still think about her constantly but I'm not as sad about it anymore. I miss her face and her lips her laugh and just her overall self. I don't remember the feeling of her lips anymore and I missed that. She was now a memory in my head.

As college went on, I decided to look into music and I just fell more in love with it and started writing more songs. When Mack heard me singing he decided to record me and everything just went snowballing down from there. I didn't think I would have a music career. But I'm glad I did. I didn't think this would be something I would do for the rest of my life but I can imagine it now. I knew how much Demi wanted to be a musician be a singer so the songs I wrote mostly came from her. She was my inspiration for getting into music. If she can't live her dream on earth I was gonna live it for her. The first time I ever played at a show I could feel her presence and just imagine her clapping and singing along with me. Now i'm selling out arenas and have many fans. I've had many interviews and sometimes I would mention Demi when they ask where I get my inspiration for my music. I have never once seen a dry eye in the audience or host when I told them where I got my inspiration from. I was now living Demi's dream and I wanted to do this for her. I know it's something she wanted me to look into and now I'm in love with it. My relationship with Demi and her family is alright. We talk every now and then if I see them in town. Her father is okay with me but I know everything isn't the same as they were before which is reasonable. I tried to move on from Demi as well but every girl I was with never compared to her. I never got serious with any of those girls either as they just weren't... Demi. Even if I did move on I don't think anyone could ever take her place and I don't think I could ever love them as much as I loved her. Tonight the sky was clear and the moon was full and the stars were bright. I walked out onto my balcony and stared up at the moon for a bit. I've been doing this almost every night since college remembering what Demi told me about the moon. We would be looking at the same one and that's what made us connected. I looked up at it tonight and put my hands on the balcony.

"Happy 7 year anniversary." I spoke out."I hope you saw my show tonight and enjoyed it." Silence was the usual response I got.

"I miss you and I knew if you were here we'd be married by now and maybe have a little 2 year old." I let out a sigh. I grabbed the letter out of my pocket she wrote for me years ago before she died and read it again. I kept a picture of her and I together with that letter. It was the last picture we took together.

"I've still kept my promises, Demi. I still love you. I've looked into a music and now look at where I'm at. I just wish you could be here and enjoy it with me." Just then the wind blew and I automatically felt her presence, as if she was standing here right beside me. I looked up at the sky and smiled.

"I love you, Demi. It's you and me together forever. I promise."

The End