Chapter 41

Joe

Demi and I woke up early the next day and got breakfast at the hotel. I was gonna take her somewhere special today and she's been bugging me ever since. I didn't want to tell her because it was gonna be a surprise. We started heading to my car hand in hand.

"Joe, can you just tell me please." She drawed out while pouting. I couldn't look at her because when she does that I can't help but do what she wants. I had to resist.

"Nope I can't I told you it would ruin it." She sat back against the seat and let out a frustrated groan and folded her arms. I opened my glove compartment and took out the blindfold giving it to Demi.

"Here put this on." I handed it to her.

"You're gonna blindfold me just like you did when we went to Disneyland?" She grabbed it and decided to put it on letting out a heavy sigh.

"Yup. Can you see anything?" I waved my hand in front of her blindfolded eyes. She nodded her head no and I started driving.

After about an hour with traffic we finally arrived. I smiled at myself.

"Okay you can take it off now." She took it off excitedly but her smile then faded.

"What are we doing in a parking garage?" She asks confused. I got out of the car and helped her get out as we started walking to the elevator.

"You'll see." We rode the elevator up to the lobby of the place. When it dinged and the door opened Demi looked around as it was like a giant fancy business building.

"Joe what are we doing here?" We then walked out into the lobby.

"Demi, welcome to Hollywood Records." I looked at her. She was astounded and in shock that we were actually here.

"You actually took me here? Joe how did you-"

"I told you my dad works for the music business so I brought you here so you could check out the place and maybe possibly sing in one of their recording studios." She smiled from ear to ear and gave me a bear hug. I hugged her back. She then went up on her tippy toes and kissed me as I lightly kissed her back.

"Thank you. This is an awesome surprise." I then started walking with her to the recording studio we were going to be in.

"I told you my surprises wouldn't disappoint you." I smirked.

"Well not yet anyways." She smirked back and we got in front of the door. I checked the light to make sure it wasn't on even though it wasn't and I opened the door and found my dad and Mack, the sound guy who controls the soundboard and everything.

"Hey Joe hey Demi how are you guys today?" He said hugging me and gave Demi a small hug too.

"We're good. Demi's a bit excited." I looked over at her as she had eyes as big as silver dollars. She was clearly still in shock which was so cute.

"Hey Joe how are you doing?" Mack and I did our handshake.

"Not bad. How's the family?" I asked him.

"They're doing great thanks. So is this your girlfriend?" He referred to Demi.

"Yeah. Mack this is Demi. Demi this is Mack he's gonna help us with the music and stuff for when you sing." They shook hands.

"But Joe I'm not prepared and I don't have a song ready and what if I sound bad a-" I cut her off.

"You're gonna sound fine babe. Just sing a song you wrote already and know the words to. I know you can do it. Now go." I helped her into the studio and I shut the door behind us.

"This is so cool!" She squealed. She walked around and inspected the instruments.

"I'm gonna be outside now. You're gonna do great." I went back out and watched her. She put on her headphones and Mack turned on the mic for Demi.

"Whenever you're ready Demi." He said.

"But I don't have music for my song." She said in a worried tone.

"We can do the instruments first if you know the tune of your song and then you could sing it." She nodded and went over the instruments carefully. After a while when the tune was done we had the music part of the song and we just needed her voice.

"Are you ready now Demi?" Mack said from the microphone outside. She nodded and put her headphones on. I was excited to see what Demi would sing. The start of the song started to play.

The space in between us starts to feel like we're world's apart like I'm going crazy but you say it's raining in your heart. You're tellin me nobody's there to dry up the flood. Oh but that's just crazy cause baby I told ya I'm here for good.

She looked at me blushing slightly. She closed her eyes and started singing again.

My love's like a star, yeah you can't always see me but you know that I'm always there. When you see one shining take it as mine and remember I'm always near. If you see a comet baby I'm on it making my way back home. Just follow the glow, yeah it won't be long just know that you're not alone.

I try to build the walls to keep you safe when I'm not around but as soon as I'm away from you, you say they come tumbling down. She went up and down the scale for that part which was amazing you can see she was totally lost in the music. But it's not about the time that we don't get to spend together. Oh, it''s about how strong our love is when I'm gone and it feels like forever.

She blew my mind she's incredible. She's got such an amazing voice. She was getting to the bridge part of the song now.

You say that time away makes your heart grow numb. But I can't stay just to prove you wrong. Oh, look at how far we've come. Don't you know, don't you know that you're one.

My mouth fell open. She was incredible. I didn't think this song and her singing could possibly get any better but it did. That last part totally blew me away. The song finished and we all started clapping. She looked down slightly blushing.

"Demi, that was incredible. One of the best voices we have heard in this industry." Mack said in the microphone. She thanked him. She took her headphones out and came out to where we were. I gave her a hug and kissed her.

"Babe. That was incredible. You left me speechless. You have a gift and I really think you're gonna make it one day." She smiled and kissed me back.

"Joe's right Demi. Once you finish college and you need a record we will be glad to sign you. Your voice needs to be heard. You really do have a gift, Demi." My dad said. Mack clearly agreeing by shaking his head.

"Thank you Mr. Jonas. I'll look into it." Mack gave Demi his card.

"You can call me Paul Demi you know that." my dad said.

"My card Demi take it and call me when you're ready for that record deal." Her smile quickly widened. Her smile made me smile.

"Thank you Mack and I will." With that my dad and Mack went out to let us talk.

"Did you really like it?" Demi asked me.

"I loved it. Babe that was amazing." I looked over and saw a CD on the soundboard. I put it in a case and gave it to Demi.

"Mack burned this for you so you could use it when you go to college and show them who you really are and what you're made of." She smiled and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much. I can't believe I finally got to record in a studio. Thank you Joe for making this dream come true for me. And now I'm offered a record deal. And I really don't think this would have happened without you. Thank you." She leaned up and kissed me as I kissed her back.

"You're welcome. But I do have one question though." She furrowed her brows.

"What is it?" She asked me.

"Was that song about me?" She threw her head back laughing.

"I don't know maybe." She winked and walked out. God I love her.