Chapter 17

Joe

I froze at what I saw in front of me. Two suitcases and Ashley standing in between them. I didn't know what to say I was in shock. How did she get here? Why didn't she tell me? All the questions racing through my mind.

"JOE!!!" She screeched and ran into my arms. With the force she came towards me I almost fell over. She wrapped her arms around me and gave me a tight hug making it hard to breathe. I still stood there still trying to wrap my mind around the thought that she's here. And Demi. How was I going to tell her that I have a girlfriend now?

"Were you surprised?" Ashley said finally releasing from me. I tried gathering my words together to say something back.

"Yeah a little. Why didn't you tell me and how did you get here?" I said trying not to hit her with too many questions.

"Well I wanted to surprise you and I called your mom telling her I was coming and she came and picked me up from the airport and hear I am!" I was mad at my mom. Why would she do this to me and not tell me about it? Just then my mom came into the room.

"Surprise!" My mom cheered. I turned towards my mom my face getting a bit red and hot.

"Mom can I talk to you in the kitchen?" I said almost through gritted teeth. She nodded and we headed to the kitchen. Once I was sure Ashley couldn't hear us I turned towards my mom fumed with anger.

"Why did you bring Ashley here mom? And not telling it about me either?!" I basically whisper shouted at her.

"Well I just thought it would be nice. You two were close back home and when she told me she was coming I thought you would be thrilled." She frowned. I feel guilty now for being mad at her.

"It's fine mom it's just that I didn't tell her about Demi yet and I know she won't be happy about that." I said looking down. How was I gonna tell her about Demi? She probably still has feelings for me. I don't want to hurt Ashley nor did I want to hurt Demi.

"Well hopefully she'll be okay once you tell her and maybe she'll accept it." She says and patted my back while giving me a small smile. We walked back out from the kitchen and I saw Ashley on her phone. When she saw I came back she put down her phone and smiled.

"I'll let you two talk." My mom left the room. Ashley and I sat on the couch.

"So where are you gonna be staying?" I asked her.

"A hotel nearby." I couldn't hold it in anymore I had to tell her.

"Listen Ashley I need to-" I was about to finish when she cut me off.

"I'm so excited to be here with you for the next few weeks Joe! I can't wait for you to show me around and everything while we're here and to spend time with you. It's gonna be great!" She said looking at me smiling. The next few weeks?! What was I gonna do? How am I gonna tell her about Demi? How am I gonna tell Demi about Ashley? My head started to hurt from over thinking this.

"What were you gonna say to me?" She looked at me. I can't disapppoint her now she just got here. Maybe I'll tell her later on when I'm ready.

"Um I'm just really excited you're here and I can't wait to show you around." I put on a fake smile. She squealed and gave me a hug. This is gonna be a tough few weeks.

Demi

I sat on my bed constantly looking at my phone. Joe said he was gonna call me or text me. It's been a couple hours now and still nothing. I checked my phone every couple minutes hoping that something will show up. A call or a text message. Maybe I'm being too clingy about all this. He's probably spending sometime with his family right now. I looked at my phone and nothings changed except the time. Maybe I'm over reacting. He'll call me when he can or text me when he can. I let out a sigh and put my head against the headboard. Soon someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I turned my head towards the door. Dallas came into the room.

"Just came to see if you were okay. You haven't left your room for a couple hours now." She made her way towards the edge of my bed.

"I'm fine. It's just Joe said he would call me or text me and it's been a couple hours now and I don't know maybe he's spending time with his family or something." Dallas looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah I wouldn't worry about it though, Demi. He's fine and you're probably right he may just be spending time with his family. He'll get to you when he can." My sister said patting my leg. I gave her a small smile.

"Thanks." She got up from my bed and was heading towards the door.

"If you need me you know where to find me." She said and I let out a chuckle.

"Okay thanks." I said and she then left my room. I grabbed my laptop and plugged in my headphones and decided to watch a movie to get my mind off things. I checked my phone one more time and still nothing showed up. I looked at the screensaver on my phone. It was of Joe and I at the fair. The thought of that day making me smile. I then pressed play on the movie.