Chapter 34

*Winter break*

Joe

It was winter break so we had a couple weeks off. I wanted to make these couple weeks special for Demi and I. And I knew exactly what I was going to do. My family today wanted to pick a tree for Christmas and do all the decorations and stuff so I asked Demi to join me. I wanted to make the most of this for the both of us before... she leaves. I put on a clean shirt, jeans, and sneakers. I put on a black beanie and my glasses and grabbed my jacket. Someone then knocked on my door.

"It's open." I said while I grabbed my phone and wallet. Nick came in.

"Your girlfriend is here and she's been waiting for you. Mom's showing her the baby album. It was my idea." I backhanded Nick in the head.

"You idiot I'll get you back." I quickly went downstairs to the living room where I heard Demi's infectious laughter and I went behind them and saw the photo of me in the bathtub. My eyes instantly widened.

"I think that's enough, Mom you've embarrased me enough." I grabbed the book from them and shut it.

"Okay we should get going." My dad said and we all started walking to the car to go and get our tree.

"Those were some pretty adorable pictures of you and your bowl haircut." Demi teased while she got in the backseat. I climbed in with her.

"Shut up." I playfully shoved her.

We got to the tents with all the trees and tried picking some out. I held onto Demi's hand when we were looking at trees.

"What about this one?" Frankie pointed out.

"Frank, it's too big to fit in our house." I told him. He frowned and we kept looking.

"I love the smell of these trees. It's like being in the forest." Demi took in a whisk of the air.

"Yeah it does feel like it." We kept looking at trees and Nick was in front of us walking backwards.

"I personally don't like this. Too many spiders and spiderwebs." Nick said sounding grossed out.

"Like that one behind you?" I said jokingly. Nick screamed like a girl and ran away from the tree until he realized it was joke. Demi threw her head back laughing.

"Not cool man. You know I hate spiders and shit like that." Nick slapped Joe in the back. Demi was still laughing.

"That's what you get for bringing the baby album. Now we're even." I said. I looked at Demi as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Boys..." She let go of my hand and went to go look at the trees. I then tried catching up to her and put my arm around her once I got next to her.

"I love picking out trees I mean it's just so fun." Demi said cheerfully. I chuckled.

"Maybe one day when we get our own place we can pick one out." I told her.

"You mean when we get married?" Demi said somewhat worryingly.

"Yeah. I don't want to scare you and push you to get ready for the future, but I can't imagine myself with anyone but you. I can't imagine myself having kids with anyone but you. You and only you." Demi seemed a little worried after what I just told her. She seemed almost panicked.

"Y-you want to have kids with me?" She stuttered out.

"Only when you're ready but yes. I honestly can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone but you Demi. You and me. I promise." I told her holding out my pinky. She put her pinky up and locked it with mine.