Chapter 42

*1 month later*

Demi

School started up again and we were getting closer to Valentine's day and prom. I was so excited for prom this year because I know I'll actually be going with a date. I know Joe is gonna ask me because who else would he go with? But he hasn't yet and it's making me curious. This also means we're closer to graduation and I was getting a serious case of senioritis. I literally don't wanna do anything and just graduate from this hell hole. But I don't at the same time because that would mean leaving Joe. I wasn't ready to leave him and I was honestly scared. I tried to push those thoughts out of my mind but sometimes they'll come back. I was sitting on the grass for lunch when Nick joined me.

"Hey Demi." He smiled down at me and took a seat next to me.

"Hey Nick. Where's Joe?" I asked him.

"He needed to talk to a teacher about some work." I nodded and started eating my lunch.

"So prom is coming up soon who are you taking?" I poked him in the stomach and he chuckled.

"I'm not sure yet." Was his answer.

"Come on there has to be some girl you're thinking of asking?" I took a bite into my apple.

"Maybe.." He let out a cheeky smile.

"WHO?!" I hit him. He rubbed his arm.

"Easy with the hitting. I'm thinking of taking Olivia but I don't know how to ask her." Olivia was sweet and she was really pretty.

"You're Nick. If you can't ask her serenade her that would be really sweet." I told him. I knew Nick could sing and play instruments.

"Maybe thanks Demi." He took a bite into his sandwhich. "Did Joe ask you yet?" He said with a mouthful of food.

"No but I really want to know how he's gonna ask me." I sighed. Then Joe sat down next to me and put his arm around me kissing my temple.

"Miss me, Love?" He said I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Always." We were all talking and eating our lunch when the bell rang. Joe walked me to class.

"So Valentine's day is in a few days and prom is a few days after that?" I hinted to him.

"Yes it is. I'm excited to spend Valentine's day with you." He smiled down at me.

"What about prom?" I hinted to him again.

"Don't rush it Demi. I'll ask you soon don't worry." We stopped in front of my classroom. He gave me a lingering kiss before a teacher told us to break it up and get to class. We both laughed and went to class.

Joe

When school ended I told Demi I had practice for soccer that was gonna take a couple hours. She insisted on staying but I told her to go home so it wouldn't ruin my plans on what I was actually doing instead. She pouted and then started walking home. When she was out of site I got in my car and drove to a jewelry store. I bought her a Cartier love bracelet. I then went to a flower shop to get some flowers. I had the perfect way on asking her to prom. I was gonna ask her in a few hours because I knew she couldn't wait any longer. I had this whole idea planned for a while and I just hope it all works out. I decided to text her.

I'm coming by your house at 6. Wear something nice but not too nice. It's gonna be cold so bring a jacket. See you then my love :) - Joe

She responded back a few minutes later.

I'll be ready. See you then. :)) <3 - Demi

I then got ready myself. By the time I finished it was 5:30 I'd wait for Demi for a whole since I finished a bit early. I was wearing jeans, sneakers, a tshirt, and a blue flannel. I put the cartier bracelet on top of my dresser saving it for valentine's day. I then got in my family's jeep and went to her house. I rang the doorbell. A few minutes later she opened the door and she smiled her famous smile which made me smile. She was wearing a blue dress with red heels. Her hair was curled and she held her jacket on her arm.

"You ready?" She nodded and we then left.

"We're taking the jeep tonight?" She asked. I nodded then opened the door for her to get in. I got in the seat and we started driving.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked.

"So many questions Demi." I chuckled. We drove for about 20 minutes until I found a parking spot.

"The beach? You made me wear heels and a dress to go to the beach?" She quirked her eyebrow at me.

"Yeah. But it's for a good reason. Come on help me get the stuff from the back." We went to the trunk of the jeep and I grabbed the blankets and picnic basket. I placed the blankets on the hood of the car and picnic basket in between us. I opened the basket and gave the flowers to Demi. She smiled.

"These are so beautiful. Thank you." She quickly pecked me on the lips. "So where's the food there's nothing in here.'' Demi chuckled. I then went to the backseat of the car and grabbed the pizza box. Demi laughed.

"Wow so romantic. I should've known. I knew I smelled pizza." I laughed.

"Nothing wrong with going for pizza." I handed her the box. I was getting anxious and excited now. She opened the box. Her smile got bigger and her eyes sparkled with tears.

"Yes I'll go to prom with you." She jumped down for the jeep and came to hug me. Inside the box I wrote, I know this may sound cheesy, but Demi would you go to prom with me? The pizza was also in the shape of a heart. I kissed her for a few minutes before we both pulled a part.

"This is honestly the cutest thing anyone has done for me. I love you." She kissed me again. I smiled and wiped a few stray tears on her cheek.

"I love you too. Now let's eat this pizza before it gets cold." She laughed and we both ate the pizza. Demi then got cold and I draped another blanket I had around her. She leaned next to me putting her head on my shoulder as we were now watching the sunset on the beach. I had my arm around her.

"I was getting worried you weren't gonna ask me since we were getting close to prom." She said.

"There wasn't anyone else I was gonna go with." I rubbed her arm.

"I'm really excited to go with you. I guess I better start dress shopping." She squealed.

"And I guess I have to find something nice to wear." I sighed.

"You better wear something nice." Demi lightly punched me. We enjoyed the rest of the evening on the beach cuddling with eachother on the hood of the car.