Chapter 7

Joe

I was about to take a shower and get ready for dinner tonight when my phone rang. I picked up my phone and saw it was Ashley. I haven't talked to her in a while and I bet she's worried. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey Joe. I just called you because I miss you. How is California? And the new school?" Ashley asked.

"California is good. School is also good. My classes are ok though and I have a new friend." I said smiling so wide my face might as well explode. Just thinking about Demi even put a smile on my face. But wait I like Ashley. I can't be thinking about Demi if I like Ashley.

"Oh and who is he?" she questioned me.

"It's actually a she. Her name is Demi. My family was just about ready to go to her house for a family dinner." I said. There was silence at the other end. I couldn't tell if she was mad or sad. She finally spoke up again.

"Well I hope I can meet her some day. Have fun at the dinner. Love you." She quickly said and hung up before I can get a word in. I can sort of tell she seemed a bit jealous and angry.

I finally jumped in the shower as the hot water hit my back feeling relaxed. I can't wait for the dinner tonight.

Demi

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I put on a nice dress and blow dried my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror.

You look like a whale in that outfit. Joe will never like you.

I changed my outfit again feeling a little better about this one. I was wearing a pair of jeans with a simple t-shirt feeling less girly. I put on tons of bracelets to cover up my cuts. I brushed my long brown hair back and applied some make-up. Then the door bell rang. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and went downstairs to see my mom has already opened the door. The Jonas family stepped in as we all greeted eachother.

"Hey Demi." Joe said. He looked so hot tonight I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

"Hey Joe you look great." I said to him. I've never seen such a handsome guy. He seemed so unreal.

"Thanks you too." He said smiling back at me. The smile that made me melt on the inside. I can already feel my cheeks getting pink. We made our way into the living room and chatted for a little bit before my mom told us dinner was ready.

"Here Dianna I brought some food over." Joe's mom handed my mom a casserole.

"Oh no Denise, you didn't have to do that! We already have all this food here." My mom said. It seemed like our parents were getting along quite well. Even our fathers were getting along as I can see them talking at the table.

"Well keep it as a thank you gift for the cookies." Denise said. My mom took the casserole and put it in the fridge.

"Let's eat." Joe said. He sat down and I sat down next to him. Soon Nick, Kevin, Dallas, Frankie, and Maddie all came in and we began eating. I looked at the food knowing I would have to throw it all up later.

"Come on honey dig in before there's none left." My dad said. I faked a smile and grabbed some food and put it on my plate. I saw Joe stare at me and when I looked up at him he would quickly avert his eyes down towards his plate. I ate all my food and asked if I could be excused. I went straight up to my room to cry into my pillow. I couldn't believe I just ate all that food like a pig. I felt disgusted with myself. Soon a knock came to the door. I wiped my tears and opened the door a crack.

"Can I come in?" Joe spoke quietly.

I opened the door and he walked in. I closed the door behind us for some privacy. He sat on my bed and looked around my room.

"Yeah this is pretty much it." I let out a puff of air.

"Pretty nice room you've got here." He eyed my guitar and a smile lit up his face.

"You play guitar?" He said almost shocked and amuzed looking at it. I nodded my head.

"Yeah I play a little." I smirked a little. I haven't played my guitar or wrote any songs in a while due to school. I forgot how much i missed playing it.

"Play me something." He picked up my guitar and handed it to me.

"No I don't really play in front of people." I put the guitar down.

"Please for me?" He tried giving me the puppy dog eyes. I laughed at his attempt. I gave in soon enough and started playing a few cords and started to sing.

Before I fall too fast.

Kiss me quick but make it last.

So I can see how badly this will hurt me when we say goodbye.

Keep it sweet, keep it slow.

Let the future pass and don't let go.

But tonight I could fall too soon into this beautiful moonlight.

But you're so hypnotizing. You got me laughing while I sing. You got me smiling in my sleep.

And I can see this unraveling. Your love is where I'm falling but please don't catch me.

I finished the last cords of the song and I looked at Joe. He looked at me amazed with his mouth slightly opened. When he noticed I stopped he stared at me and smiled. It made me glow on the inside. I've never met someone who could to that to me before.

"Wow you're amazing." His facial expression said it all. It was a sign between amazement and shock.

"Thanks. You're actually the first one I ever played or sang for in a while." It was true.

"You can actually be a singer someday. You have a terrific voice." I looked down and blushed a little.

"Yeah I would like that." I said back to him. We were staring at eachother, both lost in eachothers eyes.

"Joe it's time to go." His mother shouted from downstairs which put me back in reality. I sighed and put my guitar back on the rack.

"Hey thanks for dinner and I'll talk to you tomorrow? Maybe you can play me some more music." He smirked.

"Yeah that would be awesome." I said back smiling at him probably looking like an idiot. We hugged eachother not wanting to let go. His nose sniffing my hair as it tickled my neck a little bit. We eventually let go and they left. I went back to my room with a smile on my face. I picked up my guitar and played it some more. Thinking about Joe.

Joe

"Well that was a nice family dinner." My mom commented as we were now back in the house.

"Yeah that was really fun." Nick said.

I walked back in my room and sat on my bed running my fingers through my hair. I was thinking about Demi. She looked amazing tonight. I just wish she was mine. When I saw her guitar in the corner of her room, I couldn't help but pick it up and I just had to hear her sing. When she sang I was in shock. She had such an amazing voice. A voice everyone needed to hear. It seemed as if she was a whole other person when she was singing and playing. I couldn't even find the right words to tell her how amazing she sounded. She blushed a little at my compliment which was always so adorable. We stared into eachothers eyes for a while getting lost. I felt like we could do that all day.

"Earth to Joe?!" Nick screamed in my face as he waved his hand in front of me.

"Sorry." I looked down embarassed I just zoned out.

"What's gotten into you man? It's like you've been stuck in your own world lately." Nick then sat beside me.

"It's Demi." I spoke softly not wanting anyone to hear.

"What about her?" Nick asked.

"I think I like her."