Chapter 24

*1 month later*

Demi

School has started up again. It's the middle of the 5th week of school. Finally senior year!! I'm almost out of this hell hole. I was discharged from the hospital a month ago. Life has been going on just fine but the thought of Joe keeps coming into my mind. After I came back from the hospital, he would always come to my house to see if he could see me. Dallas or my mom would always answer the door and saying he couldn't come in or he had to leave. He came to my house at least 5 times. Guess I'm now back at square one: alone. Well except for Nick he joins me for lunch sometimes. He's been a great friend and we have math together. Joe and I have a couple classes together too. Sometimes I would catch him staring at me but when I glance his way he would turn the other way. I would glance at him too sometimes during class. I would see him and his brothers on the school's soccer field since they're on the soccer team. He's number 89. He's so cute when he's practicing. It sucks cause a part of me wants to forgive him and the other part doesn't.

I was heading off to science next. Joe and I have that class together. In fact, he's my lab partner. We usually don't speak to eachother until we have to. There were a lot of awkward pauses and I hated that. I got in and took my seat plopping my bag down next to me. We were doing an experiement today. Joe soon sat next to me as I already got started with the experiment even though we were suppose to work on it together. I took some notes on what happened during the reaction of the chemicals. Joe then grabs another chemical and starts to drop it in.

"What are you doing?" I asked him but it was too late he dropped in the chemicals.

"What the paper is telling me to do." He holds the paper in the air in front of my face.

"You're not suppose to mix them together because.." the chemicals soon started to bubble.

"Get down." I said. He wouldn't listen so I grabbed his arm and pulled him down under the table. The beaker then exploded sending glass flying everywhere.

"That's why." I said. Mr. Santos the teacher then approached us.

"Demi Joe step away from the table and step around the glass." I did as I was told grabbing my bag in the process. Joe did the same. Mr. Santos then cleaned up the mess. I leaned against the counter folding my arms. I wanted to leave I'm over this class.

"Sorry about the mess I should have listened to you." Joe came over and apologized.

"Yeah. Whatever. It's fine." I stated annoyed. The bell then rang and I quickly walked out of the classroom not looking back.

"Demi wait up!" He called. I only walked faster. I was out by the grass now in the area where I used to eat lunch. He finally caught up to me. I turned around quickly.

"What is it Joe?" I said in a frustrated tone. I wanted him to leave me alone but I didn't want him to at the same time. My emotions are confusing me.

"Why are you being so rude to me Demi? I was only trying to apologize to you for what I did."

"Because Joe. All you've been doing is trying to apologize to me and I just don't want it back. Please just leave me alone." I started walking again. He grabbed me by the wrist and spun me around so I was facing him. We were extremely close. I wanted to let go but I couldn't get enough strength to do so.

"You have to stop walking away from me like that." He said lowly. His eyes bore into mine. I could just get lost in them. For a minute I almost wanted to kiss him before he spoke up again.

"Demi, how many times do I have to apologize to you and tell you I'm sorry and that nothing happened between Ashley and I." He said really begging for forgiveness. I couldn't give it to him that easily.