Chapter 19

Demi

It's been a week and a half now and Joe still never called or texted me back. I would stay in my room and cry most of the day usually worrying about him and why he was ignoring me. I gave up on leaving messages for him that he would never return. My family tried cheering me up and getting my mind off of him to make me happy, but it would never work. I've been more depressed lately and I didn't bother eating most of the time. The thought of food just didn't make me feel good. I guess I was back to being sad and not eating as much again. I was in my bed with my blanket and laptop watching movies. Someone then knocked on the door.

"Come in." I said. The door slightly opened to reveal my mom. I turned back to my laptop.

"Demi are you hungry or anything? You've been in your room for the past week." Her voice laced with worry and concern.

"I'm not hungry mom. I'm fine." I said but just then my stomach slightly growled. I put my arm over it. I'm guessing my mom didn't hear it.

"Okay. But why don't you go outside. It's a nice day." She says while walking to window and opening the blinds. The bright sunlight shining through the room as I hide under my blankets because it's too bright.

"Demi." My mom grabbed  the blankets and laptop from me. I let out a groan.

"Ugh fine." I got out of bed. I went and grabbed some jeans and a t-shirt and got ready. I brushed my hair slightly and grabbed my phone heading downstairs.

"Okay Demi be safe." My mom says practically kicking me out of the house. I was planning to just go out to the driveway and sit by the curb for a while and go back inside an hour or two later but it was a nice day. I decided then on going to the park. I put in my headphones and blasted the music. I wonder what Joe was up to right now? Whatever it was it seemed to be more important to me.

I finally arrived at the park and sat under the tree. It was mine and Joe's tree. I sighed when I thought about it. I wish he could be here with me. I just wanted to be in his arms. His comfort making me feel more relaxed. I sat against the tree looking up to the swings remembering when Joe and I sat there and talked for what seemed like hours.

"So Joe tell me about yourself. Why did you move to California." I said. I wanted to get to know him better.

"Well my dad got a new job in the music industry so our family moved here from New Jersey." He said. We asked eachother questions and sat on the swings just talking about everything. I told him about my abusive father and how Eddie is my dad now. He sat there listening like he actually cared. He then got up from the swing and gave me a hug. There's just something about Joe that was different . He wasn't like other guys maybe I could trust him.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." I would never hurt you. I'll always be here for you when you need me." He said. More tears were now forming in my eyes. I probably looked like a mess.

"Promise?" I said to him as I stared into his eyes.

"I promise." He responded back giving me another hug.

I smiled at the thought then frowned. He said he wouldn't hurt me. He promised me he wouldn't. He promised me he would be here for me. Well where is he now? I was hurt and disappointed. I stood up from my spot and walked to his house. I needed an answer and I wanted it now.

I finally arrived at his house. I was having mixed emotions. I calmed myself before approaching the door. I rang the door bell. I waited for a while. No one answered. That was odd. Somebody always answered the door when I came by. I rang the door bell again and knocked on the door this time. I heard footsteps from the other side and a lock unlocking. The door opened and there stood Nick.

"Hey Demi." He smiled at me.

"Hey Nick is um Joe here?" I asked.

"Yeah but-" I then pushed Nick out of my way. Furry and anger rushed to me. I wanted to punch Joe for hurting me. For never answering me back. I ran to the living room and I stopped dead in my tracks expecting Joe to be there. My mouth slightly dropped.