Chapter 10

Demi

The final bell rang and the weekend officially begins! I got all my stuff and walked to my locker to see someone standing in front of it. I walked closer and saw it was Joe. A smile was formed on my face and my heart was racing. We haven't spoken to eachother in a while and I'm happy to hang out with him.

"Hey." He smiled as he moved aside while I put my books in my locker.

"Hey. What's up?" I said. I shut my locker and we started walking out of the school.

"Nothing really. I'm just glad that it's the weekend." We walked in silence for a while until he spoke up again.

"So do you have time today to hang out? I know I said the weekend but I wanted to spend some more time with you." He wanted to spend more time with me? I blushed a little.

"Yeah I have some time it would be nice to catch up on some things." I said back smiling at him.

"Awesome. I know with school and everything it's a bit-"

"Hard to find time to hang out. Yeah I know." I finished his sentence. We decided on going to the park and sat under a big oak tree. We sat close to eachother as our arms brushed lightly against eachother. Joe then picked up a white flower growing from the grass and gave it to me.

"For you mah lady." He said in an accent. I laughed and took the flower. I played with the petals for a while and put the flower in my hair. We sat there for a while talking when Joe took an apple from his backpack and gave one to me. I gladly took it. We talked and talked and I laughed at his corny jokes. We then decided to go back home. We were arriving on my porch when Joe decided to say something.

"So um Demi I'll see you tomorrow then?" He spoke nervously. Why was he suddenly getting nervous around me? It was quite adorable.

"Yeah see ya then." I was sure I was smiling like an idiot at the moment. I walked in the house and shut the door behind me. I was about to head up to my room when Dallas stopped right in front of me on the stairs.

"Were you with Joe?" She smirked. I smiled just thinking about the time we just spent together.

"Yes I was. Now can you please move?" I said a bit irritated at her nosiness. She still didn't move.

"When did this flower get in your hair?" Dallas said touching the flower.

"Joe gave it to me." She smiled so wide I swear her face would explode.

"That is so adorable! You guys are so cute! Are you hanging out tomorrow too?" She cooed. Again why was she always in my business? Sisters...

"Yes we are now can you move." I had it with her interegation and crossed my arms while giving her an annoyed expression. She stepped to the side and I went up to my room. I dropped my bag to the ground and sat on my bed thinking about Joe. The smile never left my face.

Joe

I gave Demi the flower at the park trying to be romantic and everything. She laughed her adorable laugh which made me smile. We sat there talking and eating. I've never felt so open to a girl like her. She was different. A good different. We were walking home when I asked her a question.

"So um Demi I'll see you tomorrow then?" Why was I suddenly nervous? We're just hanging out as friends tomorrow. Maybe I was afraid she was going to turn me down.

"Yeah see ya then." She smiled at me which made me smile. She shut the door behind her and I started walking back to my house smiling so wide I felt my face was going to explode. My brothers noticed once I walked in.

"Dude stop smiling like that you're creeping me out." Kevin furrowed his eyebrows right now.

"Sorry just really happy." I probably had the dorkiest smile on my face right now.

"About what?" Nick questioned.

"I'm hanging out with Demi again tomorrow." I said still smiling but not as wide.

"You really like her." Kevin said in a serious tone.

"Yeah and hopefully I can take her out on a date soon." I didn't want to get my hopes up too high though.

Demi

I woke up the next morning with a text message. I grabbed my phone on my nightstand and looked at the text. A smile instantly grew on my face.

Hey Dems. I'll come by your house around noon. Maybe you can show me what resturants there are near by so we can have some lunch. :)- Joe

Yeah I'll be ready by then :)- Demi

I got up brushed my teeth and took a shower. I dried my hair and combed it a little. I wore a cute above the knee floral dress and a small blue jacket. I decided on curling my hair a little bit too. When someone knocked on my door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me your sister open up." I can hear Dallas say from the other side of the door.

"Kind of busy right now." I said while curling my hair. She opened the door and looked at me surprised.

"What are you curling your hair for?" She then had a smile on her face. "So it's Joe! Where you guys going today?"

"Just to grab some lunch." I said nonchalantly while I finished curling my hair. I applied a bit of make-up and some small earrings. When I was done I asked my sister for her opinion.

"What do you think?" I asked her. She smiled at me and responded back.

"Beautiful as always." She said which made me smile. I gave her a hug and grabbed my purse and put on a pink pair of sandals. I waited for Joe to come when my dad came and saw me.

"Well you look nice where are you going?" My dad asked.

"Joe and I were just going to hang out today." I told him.

"Ok. As long as he doesn't lay one finger on you." My dad tried to be serious when he said that but I knew her couldn't. I giggled and responded back.

"Don't worry dad I'll be fine." The door bell rang and I walked to the door looking at myself in the mirror one last time. I applied a bit of lip gloss and opened the door. There was Joe in jeans and a t-shirt.

"Hey you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah let me just tell my dad." 

"Dad I'm leaving now." I shouted.

"Ok be safe and remember what I told you." He shouted back. I chuckled at his response and Joe and I went out the door to his car.