Chapter 37

Demi

Joe and I haven't spoken to each other about the incident that happened a few days ago and I hope he doesn't bring it up. Don't get me wrong I was enjoying it and I wanted to continue with him... but something stopped me and I don't want to explain it... well not yet anyways. Today, we were gonna go on our mini vacation. I packed everything I needed and zipped up my suitcase. Joe should be here any minute now. Someone then knocked on my door.

"Come in." The door opened and Dallas walked in.

"So where's Joe taking you?" She immediately sits on my bed. She gives me that devilish grin. I roll my eyes.

"We're just spending the last week with each other. Nothing big why?" I checked my phone.

"Okay sis but be careful if he makes a move on you. Make sure to use protection." I roll my eyes again. "Did you pack any with you?" She starts rummaging through my suitcase. I lightly slapped her hand away as she unzipped my suitcase and started going through my clothes.

"No I didn't because I don't plan on doing it with him Dal." I zipped up my suitcase again. The doorbell then rang and I grabbed my luggage and headed downstairs. Dallas opened the door and there he was. He smiled down at me. His smile is the best thing in the world.

"You ready to go?" He grabs my luggage as I put my shoes on. I jumped up after I put my shoes on and nodded.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I turned to Dallas and gave her a hug.

"Bye Dal. Give mom, dad, and Maddie a hug for me too." She nodded.

"Bye Demi. Bye Joe. Keep her safe, Joe and don't do anything stupid... and use protection." Before I can say anything else she shut the door. I swear Dallas can be so annoying sometimes, but I still love her. Joe chuckled and carried my luggage to his car. I got in the passenger side and soon he got in too. He started the car and we started driving. It was gonna be a while until we got to our little hotel.

"You excited babe? I heard our hotel has the view of the ocean." He grabs my hand while his other hand was on the steering wheel.

"Yes very excited! Where are you taking me tonight for dinner?"

"I actually have a few things in mind..." He grins mischievously. I hate surprises and he knows that.

"Like... Joe you know I don't like surprises.." I said annoyed.

"Yes but have I disappointed you yet with my surprises? No so you're gonna like it." He then turns up the radio.

"I love this song!!" I turn it up even more and roll down the windows. It was a nice sunny day. I started singing along to the song.

"Is there a song you don't like on the radio that you don't know the words to? But then again I like this song too." He started to sing a long too. I laughed at his comment.

"I got the eye of the tiget, a fighter, dancing through the fire cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar louder louder than a lion cause I am a champion and you're gonna hear me roar." I sang and started dancing in the car a bit.

"Now I'm floating like a butterfly. Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes. I went from zero, to my own hero." Joe sang. He wasn't that bad of a singer. He was actually pretty good.

"You helped me down, but I got up. Already brushing off the dust. You hear that voice, you hear that sound. Like thunder gonna shake the ground. You helped me down but I got up. Get ready cause I've had enough. I see it all I see it now." I sang. Joe and I then sang the chorus. We were getting to the bridge of the song now. My favorite part.

"... roar roar roar... I got the eye of the tiger!" I belted it out. I didn't realize how well I belted that part out. I usually can't belt out that note, but I did it. Joe looks at me stunned and amazed that I could do that. The song ended and Joe turned the radio down.

"Woah I didn't know you had that inside of you." He looks at me and smiles. I smile back at him.

"Neither did I. You're a good singer, Joe. I didn't know you could sing." I looked at him the same way he looked at me when I belted out that part of the song.

"Well I did sing when I was younger in a choir but who didn't." He focused his attention back on the road.

"Did you get any solos when you were in choir? I could imagine that you did at least once." He lightly laughed.

"Yeah I did. You probably got a lot of solos too since you have one of the best voices I have ever heard in my life. It's no wonder you're majoring in the arts. I can see you selling out arenas and going on tour. I know you'll get signed to a record label and if none do take you, then I know my dad would want to sign you." I blushed slightly at his comment. He always knows the right words to say.

"Thanks. I hope I can one day too. Why didn't you ever get signed to a record label or get signed by your dad. You probably could have made it in the business." I asked him. I was curious. Joe has a great voice I just wonder why he never got signed by his dad. He could be going on tours and stuff like that as well.

"I didn't want the rockstar life. It's not really me. It's not something I'm totally passionate about." I nodded at his response.

"You're right. I mean who wouldn't want to tour the world and make music for a living. I know I wouldn't." I said sarcastically and then laughed.

"Or the crazy screaming girls. Those could get annoying after a while." Joe said.

"Oh yeah girls practically throwing themselves at you. What guy wouldn't want that." I said sarcastically back at him. He chuckles and lightly pushes me.

"Shut up. You know music and singing isn't really my thing. I mean if I did choose the rockstar life I wouldn't have met you if I was touring all the time and I wouldn't know where I would be without you to be honest." He grabs my hand again and kisses my knuckles.

"Well I'm glad you didn't choose it too." I smiled back at him.