Chapter 21

I scream in pain as my arm snaps. "GAH!! AH!!" My arm! I can't! I can't feel my arm! Hurts! "AAAAAHHHH!!"
"Oh no! Get help! Quick!"
"Dust! Get Medic!"
"What's going on?!" Medic shouts as he enters the room.
"Error's arm broke! I-I!" Cross exclaims as he breaks down crying.
Soon all the Bad Sanses are crying, even Nightmare. They know Error is in getting his arm fixed but they're still upset.
Medic sighs in relief as he finishes fixing Error's arm. "Take him to recovery until I say so. I need to talk with the others." He teleports to the Bad Sanses and sees a mess. Nightmare is passive and is curled into a ball in the corner, Cross has raised his hood and isn't talking, Horror is scratching at his skull, Killer is slowly rocking back and forth and Dust is completely unresponsive.
He can see tears running down all of the Bad Sanses faces. "He's done. He'll be in here once I give the word. But Error is much sicker than we though. He has DSS." Medic says.
"W-What's DSS?" Nightmare manages to ask.
  "Dysfunctional SOUL Syndrome. The SOUL can't function properly and as a result the SOUL and the monster become very weak and fragile. Now what happened?"
  "T-The nurse was t-trying to d-do a test and s-slipped. S-She pushed t-the needle i-in too far a-and Error's bone s-snapped." Dust explains, stuttering while he talks.
"Error will be okay. He'll have another scar and will have to wear a cast for a while. He'll have to stay here for two weeks before he can go home. No rough housing. He isn't able to handle that. And no battles either. Or sparring. Error could have an attack from using his magic too long and end up in the hospital again." Medic begins. He takes out a business card and hands it to Nightmare.
  "A-A therapist?" Nightmare asks as he looks at the card.
  "Correct." Medic begins. "I can tell all of you are stressed and are breaking because of the stress. I mean, look around. What do you see?"
  "I-I see H-Horror scratching h-his skull, K-Killer rocking b-back and f-forth, C-Cross with h-his hood u-up and n-not talking, Dust c-completely unresponsive, a-and me c-curled into a b-ball in my p-passive f-form. And a-all of us a-are crying. I-I can't stop. I-I can't s-stop crying. W-Why can't I s-stop?" Nightmare says.
  Medic walks over to the trembling skeleton and picks him up. He knows Nightmare is smaller in passive form. "You're crying because you're sad. You're sad and scared for Error. It's okay to cry. Just let it all out."
  Nightmare wraps his arms around Medic's neck and his sobs echo through the room. His crying and sobs intensify as he finally releases all the stress he's had. "I-I..."
  "Shh. Don't speak." Medic says as he rubs Nightmare's spine to help him calm down. "The rest of you can do what I'm doing with Nightmare with each other." He watches as Dust runs over to Cross and Horror runs over to Killer. He notices a nurse come to the door and shakes his head no.
  Medic listens as the Bad Sanses try to talk. "Talk after you're calm. Not now." He says. After a few minutes he notices all the skeletons in the room have gone quiet. When he looks he sees they've fallen asleep. He uses his magic to grab the four skeletons on the floor and move them to a big mattress he had put in the room.
  He puts Nightmare down and looks at the skeleton pile. All five skeletons have unconsciously cuddled together, needing support even when they're asleep. Medic teleports to recovery and takes Error back to his room.
  I wake up and see that I'm going somewhere. Above me is Medic. "MeDiC? wHaT hApPeNeD?"
  "Oh! Error! You're awake! How do you feel?" Medic asks.
  "TiReD. aNd My ArM rEaLlY hUrTs!" I say.
  "It's just a bad spike. It'll pass." Medic says. "We're nearly at your room."
  I grab Medic's hand with my good arm as pain shoots through my arm. "GAH!! AHH!"
  "Shh. Shh. It's okay. I'm right here." Medic says as he connects the IV full of pain killers to Error's good hand through the needle that was placed there when he first arrived.
  I stop screaming in pain as the pain killers kick in. My eye sockets grow heavy and I close them, falling asleep.
  Medic double checks to make sure all the skeletons in the room are asleep before teleporting to his office and booting up his computer.
  'Entry 132. Error's arm got broke on accident today. The amount of pain he can handle seems to have significantly decreased thanks to this illness. He has DSS like I feared. The Bad Sanses had a break down after Error's arm broke. I had to calm Nightmare down and have the others calm each other down. The five of them ended up falling asleep. Good thing I had a mattress put in the room. They all made a skeleton pile, cuddling with whoever was closest to them.'
  'Even in their sleep they still needed comfort. Error woke up before we reached his room. Ended up having a spike but I got him hooked up to the pain killers quickly so it didn't last long. He ended up grabbing my hand when the spike started and I'm surprised he didn't crash. Yet again, he was too focused on the pain he was experiencing to pay any attention to what he did. I think he wanted to hold my hand though. Otherwise he wouldn't have been the one to grab my hand.'
'The six of them are so broken. Their AUs, at least the ones that have AUs, are dark. Error has been trapped in isolation his entire life and it's clear the six of them are hated by almost the entire Multiverse. The only Sanses that don't hate them are Blue and I. Dream doesn't hate Nightmare. He just wants his brother back. Doubt that's ever going to happen though.'
'Nightmare clearly didn't know crying was okay. He told me the villagers from his AU bullied him before he became who he is today so maybe that has something to do with it. He looked so sad and broken when I told him to look around the room and tell me what the group was doing.'
'No Sans should have that look on their face and yet those five did. It's clear they're starting to break from the stress. And are possibly going insane as well. I could see a little bit of renewed insanity in their eye lights when I first walked into the room and saw them having a breakdown. Hopefully going to group and individual therapy helps them.'
'Error will need therapy as soon as he can stay awake for longer than a half hour. I'd say I can start therapist visits in about two days. I looked through Blue's notes from his session. A lot of it was about how he found out about the balance and how his life had been ever since. Poor guy. He has to fight his friend because they're on opposite sides and if he joins the Bad Sanses the Multiverse will know something is wrong.'
'Clearly Epic had already assumed the worst. Blue is hesitant when it comes to physical contact now. He seems to have some haphephobia now from the trauma. I also diagnosed him with PTSD. Error will also probably have a bit of PTSD as well. It depends on how severely he's changed from the accident.'
'I'll have to do more tests on Error but he seems to be curable. We just have to find a permanent cure. I'll ask Dream to check the MedicTale copies and see if they have a permanent cure that we can create here. Obviously I can leave my AU if I want to but I don't because I have patients here. I fear Dream would attack Error if he found out he was here so I'll just lie and say it's because I have a patient that has DSS.'
'Sanses are great liars so Dream should believe me. If he asks who the patient is and if he can see them I'll have no choice but to let him see Error. I'll warn Error ahead of time about Dream's visit if it happens. A lot has happened to the Bad Sanses in such a short time. Given how they are I'm surprised they've only snapped a little bit.'
'I'm still mad at Ink. But nothing can be done. Besides, Nightmare gave him what he deserves. I hope no one finds this. Oh wait, I'm writing this in Wingdings so no one else can understand what it says.'
  Medic facepalms at his stupidity before he continues typing.
'Anyway, Error seems so broken. It will take a long time for him to fully heal. At least now I know the truth. Maybe I can convince the other Sanses without revealing too much.'
Medic saves the file and shuts down his computer. He yawns and teleports to his room, falling asleep the moment he hits the bed.