Chapter 24

I yawn after I finish the explanation. I look at the clock and see I was talking for a good 45 minutes or so. I close my eye sockets and quickly fall asleep. Knowing I'll be able to go back home makes me...happy.
  The other Sanses in the room watch as Error falls asleep. They're all glad he'll be able to go home. But the one question in their minds is still there. Which one of them would tell Error he has DSS?
  "I believe we should talk." Medic says. "As you all know Error has DSS. Dream, we don't have a cure here so I wanted you to check with the copies of MedicTale to see if they have knowledge of a cure or a cure that we can use here. In the meantime Error will need to take medication for this as well as medication for his pain."
  "This won't be easy. You'll have to bring Error here for checkups every 3 weeks and any time he has a severe attack. I know he has to destroy to keep the balance but you all should go with him. Dream, you don't have to go with them. I advise you don't due to what happened to Blue when Epic saw him with the Bad Sanses."
  "The rest of you should go with him and make sure he doesn't do too much. His magic levels are low right now. Using too much magic could spark an attack that would end up with him here in a hospital bed. I know all of you are sad, worried, scared or all three at once. That's why I want you to see the therapist in this AU."
  "I recommend individual and group therapy. Error will join you after he is released from the hospital. For now I will have him see the therapist here. After he wakes up that is. I can tell all of you are stressed and have mental and emotional damage from your pasts and how things are now."
"As a doctor and friend I only want the best for all of you and will do my best to help you all, even if Ink hates that. I know the truth now and I'm willing to help you all change the minds of the other Sanses. For now, go home. Get some rest. Eat and relax for these next couple days. I'll call you if there are any developments."
  The Bad Sanses nod and leave through a portal, Red going with them as he is a new member.
Medic sighs in relief and teleports to his office and boots up his computer. 'Entry 133. Error finally told Dream about the balance. Hibernation season brought me closer to the Bad Sanses, a new member of the Bad Sanses, Error closer to feeling better, and Dream finally learning about and understanding the balance. I'll have the therapist bring Error his breakfast. If the session is done while he's eating Error may have a bit more control if he snaps.'
  'My hope is the food helps him enough to keep him grounded if he starts panicking. I'll alert the cafeteria staff to make something with chocolate and just explain the situation. Well, only the part about using Error's favorite food as a way to keep him from lashing out if he panics. I've done that before. Monsters can have panic attacks and subconsciously use their magic so I've given them their favorite food during therapy sessions to keep them from using their magic.'
  'I hope that method works with Error. He's been through a lot. But now that Dream, Blue and Red know about the balance, things are looking up. Blue already knew but Red didn't. Dream didn't either. He's agreed to go through the MedicTale copies until he finds one with a cure that he can bring back here, along with the knowledge of how to make it. This AU, the original MedicTale has only dealt with twenty cases of DSS. Far less than the copies from what I know. That's probably why we don't have a cure yet. We don't know much about it and the monsters unfortunately dust before we can get much information.'
  'Error seems to be warming up to me, though I still can't touch him like Blue and the Bad Sanses can. Maybe one day he'll warm up to me, Red and Dream touching him. His haphephobia is very severe. I have a feeling it's because of the fact he's been the destroyer for eons. He also has PTSD from the accident. I can tell because his eye lights seemed to look more scared today. Same thing with Blue. It'll take a while for him to recover.'
  'The other doctors moved our limbs to keep us from going stiff and needing physical therapy ourselves. They did the same thing with Blue and he's actually able to stand and walk for a few minutes. He still needs physical therapy but he can be released in about two weeks.'
  Medic saves the file and shuts his computer down before teleporting back to Error's room to find him having a nightmare. He quickly activated his healing magic and places his hands on Error's head. Medic relaxes as the healing magic pulses through Error and makes the nightmare transform into a good dream. Once Error is calm he teleports home And quickly falls asleep after he lands in his bed.