Chapter 39

Geno has decided to wait another day before attempting to leave the Save Screen. He knows Error's not happy about that but he's still reluctant to leave. He gets up and walks a short distance away from the group. Suddenly, he hears a voice. It's kinda like Into The Unknown from Frozen 2. But it can't be? Can it?
  (Geno: Normal
  Voice: Bold Italics)
Ooh
  Ooh
  I can hear you but I won't
  Some look for trouble while others don't
  There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day
  And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh
Ooh
  Woah
Ooh
  You're not a voice, you're  just a ringing in my 'ear'
  And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear
  Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls
  I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls
  I've had my adventure, I don't need something new
  I'm afraid of what will happen if I follow you
  Into the unknown
  Into the unknown
  Into the unknown
Ooh
  Ooh
  What do you want? 'Cause you've been keeping me awake
  Are you here to distract me so I make a big mistake?
Or are you someone out there who's a little bit like me?
Who knows deep down I'm not where I'm meant to be?
Every day's a little harder as I feel my power grow
Don't you know there's part of me that longs to go
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
Into the unknown
  Oh
  Oh
  Woah
  Are you out there?
  Do you know me?
  Can you feel me?
  Can you show me?
  Oh
Ah Oh
Ah Oh
Ah Oh
Ah Oh
Ah Oh
  Where are you going? Don't leave me alone
  How do I follow you
  Into the unknown?
  Geno pants slightly once he's done singing but he realizes something. I want to leave. I want to see what I've only been able to see through viewing portals. I want to experience the Multiverse.
  I want to finally be free. I want to finally be.....happy....... Geno falls asleep while he's thinking. A soft content smile on his face as he dreams of what his adventures outside of the Save Screen will be like.
(Timeskip brought to you by Geno dreaming about the Multiverse)
  I stand beside Nightmare, fidgeting quite a lot. What if this doesn't work?! What if this goes wrong?! What if I end up with yet another death on my hands because of one of my stupid plans?!
What if Geno dies?! If he does AfterTale will be completely gone and Ink will figure out our plan! I've come so far with the gang! I can't slip now! But the chances of failure seem so big yet they're so small!
What do I do?! I don't know how to handle this! What if I cause it to fail?! What if I'm the reason something goes wrong?! Suddenly, I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Nightmare tapping on my shoulder.
"Error? Are you okay? You looked troubled." Nightmare says, clearly concerned for his friend and dare he say, crush from many years ago.
  "I'm FiNe." I reply. "JuSt ThInKiNg AbOuT sOmE sTuFf." I fidget with my strings, hoping Nightmare believes my lie.
  Thankfully Nightmare believes Error and says nothing more on the matter. He instead focuses on Geno, who's stuffing his inventory with anything he thinks he might need for the journey.
  Geno finishes packing and accepts the pie from Killer. "Here goes nothing. The moment of truth." He says, walking closer to Error and Nightmare.
  "Are you ready?" Nightmare asks. "Once you step through that portal there's no going back. You can't back out. So you need to be 100% sure about your decision."
  Geno nods. "I've already accepted what might happen. And I've come too far to give up now. Ink has to be stopped. And I want to help you do that. If it means giving up my life then so be it."
  Once I get the signal from Nightmare I open the portal and everyone except myself and Geno step through. "HeY. i'M pRoUd Of YoU gEnO. tHiS iS a HuGe StEp FoR yOu To TaKe. I'm GlAd YoU jOiNeD oUr FaMiLy, EvEn If I dOn'T sHoW iT."
  Geno chuckles. "Thanks Error. You can be a big softy. You know that?"
  I blush in embarrassment, quickly pulling my hood up to try and hide my blush and glaring at Geno. Who's now laughing his non existent butt off.
  Once Geno's finished laughing he takes a deep breath before stepping through the portal into the Bad Sanses Mansion. Immediately he can feel himself start to dust and panics. Oh no! It's happening! I'm dusting! Why did I leave?! I need to go back! No! Get ahold of yourself! Just eat the pie and you'll be fine!
  He eats the pie and silently cheers when he sees *You ate the Cinnamon-Butterscotch Pie
*HP maxed out.
  The Bad Sanses and Nova Sanses cheer when they see the pie work it's magic and stop Geno from dusting. Once his HP is full and he's stable they all immediately pounce on him, congratulating him for being so brave and doing such a good job.
  Geno chuckles at the skeleton pile he now finds himself in. "I'm glad I survived. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to be part of such a wonderful family. Now, how bout we get situated and call Fresh?"
  I nod and pull out my phone, quickly scrolling through my contacts and finding Fresh's number. I, of course, have him listed as 90's Nightmare but that may soon change.
  "Error brah! What's up my radtastic broseph? Ya usually don't call like dis."
  I sigh, trying my best not to get annoyed. "We NeEd YoUr HeLp. In FaCt, We NeEd AlL tHe HeLp We CaN gEt."
  "What kinda help ya talkin' here? Ya know I don't do bad stuff. I'm all up and totes da non aggressive type yo."
  "StOpPiNg InK. jUsT gEt YoUr NoN eXiStEnT bUtT tO tHe MaNsIoN. i'Ll ExPlAiN eVeRyThInG tHeRe."