Chapter 40

Once Fresh arrives at the mansion it's no play and all business. He even drops his lingo when he sees how serious all the Sanses in front of him are. "So. What's going on? Why do all of you look so serious? And more importantly, why are Dream and Blue here?"
"Your side questions will be answered in due time." Nightmare begins. "We brought you here to discuss something very important. The fate of the Multiverse."
Fresh was intrigued. "The fate of the Multiverse you say? Go ahead." He may be emotionless but there were times he was able to feel emotions, and now was one of those times.
"OkAy. So. ThErE's A bAlAnCe." I begin.
"And it's not looking good." Geno says, effectively startling everyone in the room. "The Creation-Destruction balance is tipping in Creation's favor. If we can't get them balanced, the Multiverse will die. And we'll die right along with it."
Killer starts explaining. "The Multiverse is like a box. And the AUs are like balls in the box. The box only has so much space. Each AU is a ball. Every time an AU is created a ball gets added to the box."
"Every time an AU is destroyed a ball gets removed from the box, making room for another ball. But balls are being added faster than they're being removed. If too many balls are added they'll spill out of the box, causing a huge collision along the way."
"NoW kEeP iN mInD tHiS bOx Is ThE mUlTiVeRsE aNd ThE bAlLs ArE tHe AUs. If ThErE aRe ToO mAnY AUs ThE mUlTiVeRsE wIlL cOlLaPse."
  "AlL oF tHe AUs wIlL cOlLiDe, DeStRoYiNg ThE AUs. If UnDeRtAlE gEts HiT tHe MuLtIvErSe WiLl CoLlApSe. AnD aLl Of Us, ThE sQuId AnD mYsElF iNcLuDeD, wIlL dIe. LoSt To ThE vOiD."
  I look down, shuddering at the thought of ever ending up in the Void.
Fresh notices Error's discomfort but chooses not to say anything. Instead, he goes over what he's just been told. There's a limit? Not to mention a balance? Did Ink brah know about this? Or is he in the dark too?
And if he's in the dark why hasn't Error brah told him yet? Has he just not wanted to? Has he been unable to? Why has nothing been done to stop this. Despite being emotionless I don't want the Multiverse to die. That would be totes unrad.
But what to do now? I can either join them or deny. But if I deny then they'll get mad. And I'd rather not turn into a pile of dust. And besides. Ink is in the wrong here. He's never let Error explain. I've made my decision. I'm joining the Nova Sanses.
It may turn out to be the worst decision in my life but something has to be done to make things more balanced. And if I can help with that despite my state I will. "I'll join."
"I normally don't say this but Ink brah is in the wrong this time. I'll join the Nova Sanses." Fresh says, smiling confidently.
  The Bad Sanses and Nova Sanses cheer and quickly run to Fresh and hug him, welcoming him into the family, everyone except Error that is who stays behind because of his haphephobia.
  I stay behind, not wanting to crash. I'll figure out how to welcome Fresh to the family later. Maybe I can make a puppet for him. Or one of those creepy Furbies.
  I swear those things are always watching me when he's around, even when Fresh doesn't have them out.
  I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Nightmare flicking me on the skull. My reaction, roundhouse kick him in the face since he startled me.
  Nightmare groans in pain from his spot in the impression in the wall, a bruise already forming where Error kicked him. Clearly he should remember not to flick Error's skull next time he wants his attention.
  With that thought in mind, he staggered out of the impression in the wall and collapses on one of the couches, complaining about the headache that's starting to form.
  All of the Sanses except Nightmare are laughing at his misfortune. After all, it's not every day they see the King of Nightmares and God of Negativity get kicked into a wall by the Destroyer himself.
  Speaking of the Destroyer, Error finds himself at a bit of a standstill. Should I help Nightmare? Or leave him be? Ya know what. I'll leave him like that. He deserves it for scaring me.
  The question is, what do we do now? Oh wait! Figure out when the meeting is so we can crash it!
  "HeY fReSh. I'vE gOt A qUeStIoN fOr YoU. wHeN's ThE nExT cOuNcIl MeEtInG?"
  Fresh thinks for a minute before responding. "It's Friday. Right now it's Wednesday. So we have two days to prepare for dis. I already know I'll have to be the one to summon the portal for you to go through as to not cause suspicion."
  "However, if I remember correctly there are hidden alarms in the base. Watch out. I won't be able to directly make a portal to the meeting room. Some magic or spell or something prevents portals from being made in the meeting room."
  "But I can get you anywhere from one to five rooms away."
  "That'll work." Dream says. "Blue and I would be able to make a portal there too but Ink would attack us straight away since he sees us as traitors. Same thing with Red."
  All the other Sanses nod in agreement. That's when Error remembers the other thing he wants to do for Fresh.
  "FrEsH. cOmE hErE. i HaVe A sUrPrIsE fOr YoU." Once Fresh is standing in front of me I look at his code, searching for one specific thing. How hard can it be to find his emotions?! Yet again, he is a parasite. That just makes things harder. At least he isn't completely SOUlESS like Ink.
  I cheer and smile in triumph when I find the code and after some adjustment, close the code window.
  A certain parasite now has his emotions. Forever.