Chapter 33

I sigh, nervous about what Nightmare and I are about to do. We're about to put on a performance for the Bad Sanses and Nova Sanses, directed mainly at Blue and Dream. Right now, I'm pacing back and forth in our stage room. Nightmare is hiding in the library and I know he won't come out until he has to.
WhAt If SoMeThInG gOeS wRoNg? WhAt If BlUe AnD dReAm DoN't GeT tHe MeSsAgE. wHaT iF tHeY tAkE iT tHe WrOnG wAy? No. I cAn'T tHiNk LiKe ThAt. I hAvE a PeRfOrMaNcE tO dO wItH nIgHtMaRe.
  Nightmare sighs as he puts his book down teleports to the stage room, noticing Error is pacing around and checking the equipment. "Hey Error. Man. I'm not ready to do this. What if something goes wrong? What if they take it the wrong way or don't get the message?"
"Or worse. What if they hate us for this?! What if they shun us?! What if they exile us?! Where will we go?! What will we do?!" Nightmare's breathing starts to speed up as he starts panicking.
I notice and immediately teleport beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder to stop the panic attack that could've happened. "NiGhTmArE. rElAx. ThEy'Ll UnDeRsTaNd. ThEy WoN't ShUn Us AnD tHeY wOn'T eXiLe Us. JuSt BeCaUsE tHrOuGh ThE sOnG wE'rE aLlOwInG tHeM tO lEaVe Us DoEsN't MeAn ThEy WiLl."
  "So I nEeD yOu To CaLm DoWn AnD bReAtHe. NoThInG bAd WiLl HaPpEn."
  "You promise? Error? Do you promise nothing bad will happen?" Nightmare asks, filled with worry and fear. Worry because he doesn't know what will happen and fear because he can only think of the worst case scenarios after the performance is done.
"I pRoMiSe. NoThInG bAd WiLl HaPpEn. GeT rEaDy. HeRe ThEy CoMe." I say, turning around to face the rest of the inhabitants of the mansion, who are finding seats so they can watch us perform.
  "I wonder why they called us here." Horror begins. "This room hasn't been used in years. I'm surprised the equipment still works."
  "Apparently they want to perform for us. It's some song called Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons." Dust says, clearly unamused at being stopped before he could go on a killing spree.
  "Isn't Imagine Dragons a human rock and roll band?" Cross begins. "Why are they singing one of those songs?"
  "Actually," Killer begins. "Imagine Dragons is a pop rock band. I looked into it once. And remember, most music monsters listen to comes from humans."
  "Everyone be quiet!" Blue exclaims. "They're starting!"
  True to Blue's word, Error and Nightmare are standing on stage with the mics in their hands, waiting for everyone to be quiet so they can start.
"Oh, hush, my dear, it's been a difficult year. And terrors don't prey on innocent victims."
  "TrUsT mE ,dArLiNg, TrUsT mE dArLiNg."
  "It's been a loveless year. I'm a man of three fears. Integrity, faith and crocodile tears."
  "TrUsT mE, DaRlInG, tRusT mE, dArLiNg."
  "So look me in the eyes."
  "TeLl Me WhAt YoU sEe."
  "Perfect paradise."
  "TeArInG aT tHe SeAmS."
  "I wish I could escape."
  "I dOn'T wAnNa FaKe It."
  "Wish I could erase it."
  "MaKe YoUr HeArT bElIeVe."
  "BuT i'M a BaD lIaR, bAd LiAr. NoW yOu KnOw. NoW yOu KnOw. I'm A bAd LiAr, BaD lIaR. nOw YoU kNoW. yOu'Re FrEe To Go.(gO)."
  By now, Blue is crying, starting to catch on to what the song is about. How long have they been feeling like this? How long have they kept this from us? And why have they kept this from us for so long?
  Dream pulls Blue into a hug, tears running down his own cheekbones as he tries to comfort his friend, to no avail.
"Did all my dreams never mean one thing? Does happiness lie in a diamond ring?"
  "Oh I'vE bEeN aSkIn'. Oh I'vE bEeN aSkIn' fOr PrObLeMs, PrObLeMs, PrObLeMs."
  "I wage my war, on the world inside. I take my gun to the enemy's side."
  "Oh I'vE bEeN aSkIn' FoR(Trust me darling), oH i'Ve BeEn AsKiNg FoR(Trust me darling) pRoBlEmS, pRoBlEmS, pRoBlEmS."
"So look me in the eyes."
"TeLl Me WhAt YoU sEe."
"Perfect paradise."
"TeArInG aT tHe SeAms."
"I wish I could escape."
"I dOn'T wAnNa FaKe iT."
"Wish I could erase it."
"MaKe YoUr HeArT bElIeVe."
"BuT i'M a BaD lIaR, bAd LiAr. NoW yOu KnOw. NoW yOu KnOw. ThAt I'm A bAd LiAr, BaD lIaR. nOw YoU kNoW, yOu'Re FrEe To Go."
"I can't breathe, I can't be."
"I cAn'T bE wHaT yOu WaNt Me To Be."
"Believe me, this one time."
"BeLiEvE mE."
"I'm A bAd LiAr, BaD lIar. NoW yOu KnOw. NoW yOu KnOw. ThAt I'm A bAd LiAr, BaD lIar. NoW yOu KnOw, YoU'rE fReE tO gO. oH. pLeAsE bElIeVe Me. PlEaSe BeLiEvE mE."
The song ended and Blue and Dream immediately teleport on stage, trapping Error and Nightmare in hugs. "Why didn't you tell us?! We could've helped you!"
I can feel tears welling up in my eye sockets as I return the hug, looking at the rest of the gang who are crying and have their phones out. ThEy PrObAbLy ReCoRdEd ThE eNtIrE tHiNg. I jUsT hOpE tHeY dOn'T pOsT tHiS oN mUlTiTuBe. ThAt WoUlD bE a NiGhTmAre.
"We didn't want to bother you. We were afraid you would abandon us because of this." Nightmare replies, shifting uncomfortably.
"Brother! Why would you think such a thing?! We would never do that! You're our family and our friend and we all love you and care for you! None of the Bad Sanses would be here if it weren't for you and I wouldn't be here either! If it weren't for you taking all of them in things could've gone very differently!"
Dream exclaims. "And then I wouldn't have reunited with you on good terms! So you didn't have to hide!"
  "Yeah!" Blue exclaims. "We would never abandon you!"
  The rest of the Bad Sanses nod in agreement, each of them vowing never to leave Error and Nightmare for as long as they're alive.
  "Thank you. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to us." Nightmare says, smiling slightly as he decides to lead the others to the back garden, a perfect spot for family stargazing time.