𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝

Xandra Terrel X reader 💛

Why me? Why did this asshole have to be my dad? Why did my mom have to die? Why do I have to live here? I hate this so much. I just want to go back to New York. Is that too much to ask? The only good thing about Las Vegas was Xandra. God, she is some pretty good eye candy. But honestly she's more than that. I think she's smart but she just doesn't want to show it. Whatever. All I cared about right now was my dad.

"Hey kiddo. Look I have a great idea. A friend of mine put their old restaurant up for sell." My dad, Larry, walked in so happily.
"That's great dad." I replied as happy as he was.
"Yeah, but here's the thing. It sixty-five thousand dollars, so I need you to call your mom's attorney. Tell him you're going to a private school and ask him for the sixty-five grand." Woah. Sixty-five THOUSAND DOLLARS.
"Dad that's a lot of money. How am I supposed to-" I was cut off by two sharp slaps across my face. He slapped me. He actually slapped me.
I held both sides of my face as tears built up in my eyes. I looked at him with disgust. He slapped his own daughter.
"Don't fucking question it! I just need you to do this. Now!" He grabbed the home phone and pushed the buttons to the number on the paper. I looked at my face and saw the tears run down my red, hand printed cheeks.
"Stop it. Stop fucking crying." I held back my tears as best as I could and whipped my eyes before he handed me the phone.
"Just what's on the page." He said. He went into to the living room and held the other home phone to his ear so he could hear the conversation. I put the phone to my ear and waited for the other line to pick up.
"Hi, can I speak to Mr. Bracegurdle please. This is Y/n Decker." I tried to hold my monotone voice as best as possible.
"Y/n, I'm glad you called. I've had no way of getting in touch with you directly." Mr. Bracegurdle said in a cheery tone.
"I wanna go to private school. Did my mother leave me any money?"
"Well, not actually. But You do have a 529 which could be used for your education." He replied.
"So if I asked you to send me 65,000 dollars..." I waited for his reply. I hoped he could. I didn't know what my dad would do to me if I didn't get the money.
"I'm afraid that the money would have to be transferred to the school of your choice directly. It was set up by your mother to insure it could only be used for your education. I don't know if I should tell you this, but an unauthorized person as twice tried to take a large sum of money from your account. Someone with access to your social Security number according to be your attorney. Do you know anything about this?" He questioned. I turned to my father with tears in my eyes again. How could he do this to me.
"No." I hung up the phone and started at my dad for a while until he started to scream. He was screaming so loud, all of nevaeh could hear him. I didn't know what else to do except for a run. I ran out of the door and down the street, never stopping or looking back.

I ran all the way to the strip where Xandra worked. She managed a bar/restaurant down there. I walked in, tears still running down my face and walked straight to the bar where Xandra's friend Molly was working.
"Y/n? What the hell are you doing here alone and why are you crying?" Molly asked. It just made my break down more. I couldn't hold in the tears that I was trying to hide.
"Do you want me to go get Xan?" I nodded and so Molly ran into the back room to look for her. I sat with my head down on the bar. I drowned every sound out except for the music. Summer time sadness by Lana del Ray play softly in the restaurant. It really felt like it was meant to be playing at that very moment in time.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard Xandra's voice.
"Y/n, what the fuck are you doing here?!" She yelled at me. I could tell she was mad. She obviously hated my guts. But the moment I lifted my head and she saw my tears, her face softened.
"Hey what happened?" She Came over to my side of the bar and held my face in her hands. My head fell into her chest and I cried harder then I had in the last hour.
"He hates me. He's the worst father ever." I sobbed into her and she held me tighter.
"Come on. Come with me." She pulled me off the bar stool and took me to the employee bathroom in the back. She picked me up and put me on the counter and took a paper towel out of the dispenser to whip the tears from my face. As she did she asked me...
"Ok. What happened?"
"Dad. He- he wanted me to call my moms attorney to money for a restaurant he wanted to open. It was a lot of money so he told me to lie and say I needed it to go to private school, but when I told him I didn't think it was a good idea.......he-he slapped me.... Twice." I tried to explain.
"That explains the hand prints." Xandra commented.
"So then, naturally I started crying. Then he yelled at me to stop crying and to just call the attorney. But then my mom's attorney said that dad had been trying to get money from it two times already. Then once I hung up, he just went ballistic. Screaming and shouting. All I did was run. I was too scared to go to Borris' house because his dad was home, so I came here." My voice had zero emotion at this point and I couldn't look at Xandra, so I kept my eyes on my hands that were in my lap.

To be continued....