Floating on air

Acey X reader ❤️

Summer of 1997

In the wilderness you have to fend for yourself. No one there to help you or to tell you that you're going to be alright. You have to find food, clean drinking water, shelter, and most importantly, protection.

I've lived in basically the desert for about a week or so now and it's getting better by the day. The first few days were scary and hard, the most terrifying noises could be heard at night and you never knew if that night could be your last. Food was harder to find then you would think, it was burning after all and the animals around were coyotes and wolves, and I wasn't trying to die so that was a big fat no.

One day while scavenging for food and water I saw a fire in the distance. It was night time so it was rather cold and a warm fire sounded nice but there was a girl sitting in front of it, just staring. I slowly walked over to the fire trying not to make a sound and slowly putting my hand with my pocket knife in it behind my back. I was only maybe 10 feet away at this point and my heart started to race, my knees started to tremble and...

*SNAP*

Shit. I looked down and realized I had stepped on a fucking twig. The girls head snapped in my direction and she went to reach for what looked like a baseball bat.
"Woah, hey! I'm not gonna hurt you!" I shouted as I hid myself behind my backpack. Wow, way to show authority.
She put the bat down and looked at me with her big brown eyes and tilted her head.
"Then why are you sneaking up on me?" She asked. Her voice was smooth like silk and gentle but held a sort of dominance to it, like she knew how to show she was not playing games.
"I just didn't want to scare you."
"Well you did." She said very matter of factly.

"Is it alright if I.." I pointed towards the log she was sitting on and she gave me a small nodded, so I sat my stuff and myself down next to her. She moved a bit further away from me and continued to stare to the fire with her head tilted, her big brown eyes glowing from the light of the flames. I know we've just met, but with her I feel like I'm floating on air.

 I know we've just met, but with her I feel like I'm floating on air