Slipping Away

A/N: Hi! Grab some tissues before you begin to read.

Dawn's POV

I open my eyes to a bright light. Where am I? I begin to breathe rapidly. Where's Tom, Harry,  Sam, and Harrison? I feel someone grab my hand. I look up and it's Alan. Paddy's here too. I look the other way and see a nice nurse handing me some water. I try to reach for it but I'm too weak. 

"A-Alan, Paddy? What are you doing h-here?" I ask. My voice is soft and raspy. 

"I heard about your brother and all that, so I came to see you." He comforts. "Now, stop talking so you don't lose your voice more."

"We miss you. Everyone at school misses you. Even that Alex guy, from prom." Paddy says. I laugh.

"We have to head back to school," Alan says.  I say bye to both of them and I look out the window and I see a doctor's office. I also see Tom talking to some doctor. 

Tom's POV

Last night was the scariest night of my life. First, I find out my daughter got kidnapped. Next,  I find Dawn all beaten up and tied to a chair. She looked dead. Then, I have to fight her brother. And finally, my daughter gets shot.
 Everything felt nice and then I saw Dawn on the floor. Her shirt covered in blood and she fainted. We all rushed her to the hospital and they are taking care of her. Now, I'm talking to Dr.  Owen about Dawn's condition. 

"So, how is she?" I ask. Trying not to let my sadness show.

"Well, I'll be honest with you, she's not well. The bullet hit one of the arteries by her stomach and she has lost 42% of her blood." Dr. Owen states.

I sigh and massage my temples. "Ok. What can we do?"

"We need someone to donate blood. Her blood type is AB+. We need someone with the same blood type to donate some blood."

"I have that blood type," I exclaim.

Just as the doctor was going to say something, a nurse burst through the door. "Doctor we need you. Now." I run to the hospital room, Dr. Owen close behind me. There's Dawn, her face full of bandages. She has an oxygen mask over her nose, which is slowly healing. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. The fear in my voice showing.

"She's gone into a coma. Losing more than 35% of blood can cause that. We'll leave you some time alone." Dr. Owen says. He and the nurse walk out of the room. I see them close the door and I burst into tears. I sit down on a chair and grab Dawn's hand. I just cry into her hand. Why did it have to be Dawn? Why? 

"Dawn. Darling...you're the best thing that has happened to me." I sob, my voice breaks and I hold her hand tight. "You can't leave, not yet. No, no,no,no,no,no,no. Stay with me. I don't know what I'll do without you! Be strong and stay here. You have so much life ahead of you. I love you Dawn. From the first time I saw you, I knew you were special. Adopting you, Seeing your face light up when I showed you your new room, when you met my family, going to the trampoline park and seeing your happy face. And your first day of school, you skipping class, your first date. Then you sneaking out, and your lovely photoshoot with Harry, and then your face lighting up at the meeting, you being on your period, and the audition that you nailed. The first football game, and you being stressed about the call. Alan's promposal, seeing you so happy shopping for a dress, and having dinner with Isabel. Your first prom. And our little heart-to-heart that truly made me feel like your dad. All those memories that we made in a few months. We could make so many more. My life has changed thanks to you Dawn.  You're so incredible and you can accomplish so much more!" I sob so much. My face is red and my eyes are puffy. I hear someone open the door, but don't bother to look over. 

I feel someone's arms wrap around me. It's mum. "It's ok sweety." She rubs circles around my back. I turn and hug her. I'm crying into her chest. This is what Dawn did she was sad. She would cry into my chest until she had no more tears to cry.

"B-but why her. She's the last person who deserves this. Mum, what if she never wakes up? I can't live with that guilt. I should've protected her. I was there, I could've stopped this from happening, but I didn't.  And now she's gonna die. And it's all my fault!" I sob. My body is shaking and it's getting hard to breathe. 

"Tom. Look at me." She says and un-hugs me. I just look down. "Look. At. Me." She is holding my shoulders and I finally look up at her. She has tears in her eyes too. "Tom, you saved Dawn. All four of you. You, Harry, Sam, and Haz all saved her. If you hadn't gotten there when you did, she would probably be dead. But you 4 saved her. You need to get that in your head. You saved Dawn. And what she needs right now, is her father being strong for her." 

I wipe my nose and nod. "You're right." I sigh. Nikki nods.

"I'll go get the boys." She heads out the door and Harry, Sam, and Haz come in. They are all sort of in shock. Haz sits down next to me and the twins sit on the opposite side. 

Sam sighs. "Any new news?" Harry asks.

"She's in a coma." I sniffle. A tear trickles down Sam and Harry's eyes.

"Well, what do we do now?" Harrison asks as he wipes a tear away.

"Well, the doctor said she went into a coma because she lost almost half of her blood. So, I'm donating some of mine. We have the same type." I answer.

"Will that wake her up?" Sam asks worriedly. 

"I don't know." I sigh, rubbing my eye. "All I know is that they'll take out the blood and perform the surgery to get the blood in her tomorrow. They also have to perform a surgery to fix her artery that was punctured by the bullet." They all nod sadly. "It's getting late, you guys should go home."

"We'll be here bright and early for the donation and the surgery." Haz says. They all get up, we hug and they all leave. 
I just sit there, looking at Dawn and all the tubes surrounding her. I hold her hand. "Please be ok," I whisper and kiss her hand.

A/N: Hi! Hopefully you liked this chapter. I cried 4 times writing this. I am NOT a doctor I just did some research about all this. Please message me some ideas. Thanks for reading.