Time Doesn't Always Heal Pain

A/N: Grab some tissues! It's about to get real! Btw the 5 guys (Tom, Sam, Harry, Haz, and Paddy) are showing each stage of grief, so look for that. Tom=Depression, Sam=Acceptance, Harry=Anger, Harrison=Bargaining, and Paddy=Denial.

Tom's POV

It's been 2 months. Dawn is still asleep. I haven't left her side since the surgery. I've spent countless nights next to her and I haven't slept in ages. Everything went well in the surgery, but she's still in a coma. I still have hope, but others don't. I overheard the doctors talking about pulling the plug. Right now, I'm sitting in the same chair I've sat in for the past 8 weeks. I'm still holding onto Dawn's hand and still wishing this nightmare would be over. All of a sudden my thoughts are interrupted by Dr. Owen coming in. His face looks sad. 

"How is she?" I ask startled.

"Tom, I don't know how to tell you this, but it's been 2 months and she hasn't woken up, I think we might need to call it." Dr. Owen states.

"What? No." I cried.

"I'm sorry, but it's been 2 months." 

I just sit there. My body feels numb. Dr. Owen takes that as a cue to walk out. Once he leaves, I break down. "I can't lose you Dawn. No." I sob. My body shakes and a waterfall of tears pours out. "No, Dawn no. I can't lose you. Dawn!" I just sit there. Holding Dawn's hand and pouring out my tears. Someone comes in. I don't even look up to see who it is. Sam sits in front of me. I glance up and see his face. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, looking back down. 

"I heard about what's gonna happen, so I came to say goodbye." He answers.

"You're not doing that. Come on Sam! Her heart's still beating." I cry.

"Tom. It's been 2 months. I don't want to, but I'm just facing reality. Now, I would like to do this alone." He states. I look back at Dawn's pale face. A tear falls down Sam's face. I get up and let go of Dawn's hand.

Sam's POV

Once Tom leaves, I look back at Dawn. Her face is so still and her body is lifeless. A second tear falls. "This past couple of months have been one of the best. You're incredible. The moments I spent with you have been some of the best. I remember the first time I met you. You were wearing a blue and white dress. You honestly looked like a princess." More tears poured out. "I love you so much and I'll miss you." I get up and kiss Dawn's forehead. I am walking out of room 23 and I look back at the most amazing girl I ever met. Another tear falls. "Goodbye Dawn. May your light shine through dark times."

I go back to the lounge where everyone else is. Harrison is up next. He stands up and I hug him. When we embrace more tears come out. We let go and I sit down. 

Haz's POV

I walk into the horrible room and see Dawn. She is still in the same position. I sit down next to her. "You know, you're cool Dawn. I've never met anyone like you. I remember the first time I saw you. We were on our way to the Trampoline park and while you and Tom were jumping around I was so amazed by you. You're so amazing Dawn. And I remember the time you sneaked out and I caught you. I was so worried. But I'm glad you were safe. I can't imagine not meeting you, you're so talented and beautiful." I look up at Dawn and a couple of tears fall. "I can't help but think that maybe we can do something to save you. We can donate more blood, or-or do something. I mean we have the tools." I sigh and look up at her. "I love you and I'll miss you so much." I get up and kiss her forehead. I walk out and look back "Bye Dawn."

Paddy's POV

Everything came to me like a shock. First I was eating breakfast and then I was on my way to the hospital. Now I'm here, saying bye to one of my best friends. I still can't believe it. This isn't happening. It's probably a nightmare. "Dawn. I can't leave you and you can't leave me. I still remember the first time you came to school and I showed you around. I remember you helping me with my promposal. You're so amazing. I can't say goodbye." I feel tears fall. "This isn't happening. No! I love you Dawn." I look over and I see Alan. He comes and hugs me. I cry into his shoulder. I finally leave and Sam comes and hugs me. Then we go into a group hug.

Alan's POV

I sit down and look at Dawn's face. She looks so still. Tears immediately fall. "Ducky. I love you. I am so happy I met you. I remember the first thing you said to me was 'Dawn.' And our first date was incredible. And you teaching me how to do a backflip." A handful of tears fall. "Every moment was amazing. That night at Prom felt magical and I loved that feeling. I love every second I spent with you. I love you Dawn Holland. I love you forever and always." I say. I kiss her forehead. "Goodbye Dawn. I love you." I walk out the door. 

Harry's POV.

I see Alan and come out and go into the room. I step in and sit down. I look at Dawn. Her face is so blank. "Hey. It's Harry. I'm sorry. I was fighting the guy who shot you. It's my fault. This is all my fault." I sob. "You're so incredible. The first time I saw you I knew you were gonna fit into our family just right. I also remember our photoshoot. That was probably one of my favorite photoshoots. I love you so much Dawn." I bang by hand against the arm of the chair. "Ugh! This shouldn't have happened! I love you too much to lose you. I love you Dawn." I stand up and kiss Dawn on the forehead. I wipe the tears off my face and make my way to the door. "Goodbye Dawn. Know you're our light." I walk back to the lobby and Sam comes and hugs me. I cry into his shoulder. "It's all my fault Sam. I was fighting the guy who shot her." I cry. 

"It's not your fault Harry. We saved her. If we hadn't gotten there in time she would've probably been dead." Sam assures. I nod and we sit down. We look over at Tom. His face is extremely red and puffy. He's been crying since he Sam walked in to say bye to Dawn. 

"It's your turn, Tom." I sniffle. 

"I can't." Tom cries.

"Come on Tom. You'll regret not doing it." Sam states.

"I can't. If I say goodbye it'll be like I lost hope on her." 

"But if you don't you'll never see her again and you'll never be able to say anything to her again," I say. A tear falls down my face. Tom looks down at his hands a tear falls down his face. He sniffles and stands up. I don't say anything because he's walking in.

Tom's POV (If you haven't used those tissues yet get them out.)

I walk in and sit in the same spot. I grab a hold of Dawn's hand and squeeze it. I cry and tears fall, lots of tears fall. "Dawn, you're everything I've ever wanted in a daughter. Adopting you has been one of the best choices I've ever made. The first time I saw you I knew I needed you in my life. You bring such a bright energy and you're so talented. You remind me of a mini-me." I sob. "You can accomplish so much. I remember the first time we made eye contact, and the first time I saw your amazing gymnastics. Our first time watching a movie. I remember our first dinner together, and when you met my family. Your first school day, and the feeling I got when I found out you sneaked out. I also remember your face when I told you about the movie." My heart aches and my body shakes. "All those fights we had we always made up. You were always there for me and I was always there for you. I don't know what I'll do without you Dawn. I also remember your first date and your prom. With everything you did, it reminded me of something I had done when I was your age. If I could I would take your place, believe me, I would." I keep sobbing. "You are so important to me Dawn. I can't lose you. I'll wait a lifetime for you. You have changed my life for the better. You are my light. I love you." I just sit there lifeless. Then suddenly I feel a squeeze of my hand. I'm probably just going crazy, but then I hear.....

"I love you 3,000."