Cooking With Sam

A/N: OMG we are so close to 1k reads! Thanks for more than 100 votes! You guys are the best!

Dawn's POV's

It's Sunday and I'm grounded. Ugh. I wake up and head downstairs. I see Tom in the lounge area watching something. I sit down next to him. 

"Morning! Whatcha watching?" I ask.

"Morning darling." Tom kisses my forehead. "Just some Netflix." He answers. I nod. 

"What are we doing today?" 

"Well, Sam asks to spend the day with you. I have no clue what you guys are doing." Tom pauses the TV show and gets up. 

"Where are you going?" I ask. 

"Sam's coming in 1 hour, and you need to eat." I follow him to the kitchen and grab an Eggo Waffle. We eat our breakfast quickly and I go upstairs to change. I spend 20 minutes looking through my messy closet for something to wear. I finally found this.

 I finally found this

I left my hair down and did my makeup. I was on my way downstairs when I realize that I don't have my phone. I run to Tom's room and enter abruptly. "Where's my phone?" I ask. 

"Woah. Um, hi." Tom says startled. "It's on my nightstand, but you're grounded so it'll stay on my nightstand."

"Ugh. Fine."

"Do you have any pairs of jeans that aren't ripped?" 

"I don't think you'll like my answer," I say. Tom chuckles. "What time is it?"

"It's 10:59. Sam's coming in one minute." Just then, the doorbell rings. I sprint downstairs and open the door. 

"Hi Sam!" I welcome.

"There's my favorite niece. You ready to go?" He asks. Just then Tom came downstairs.

"Hey man," Tom says and hugs Sam. "What are you guys gonna do?"

"I'm taking your daughter skydiving." 

"What!?" Tom and I say at the same time. He says it in a more worried way.

"I'm joking. It's a surprise." Sam answers. We are heading out the door and Sam says. "I promise to bring her back in one piece." 

Sam's POV

I get into the car with Dawn. 

"So, can you tell me what we're doing?" She asks.

"We, are making a cake for Tom's birthday in about 1 week," I answer.

"Ooooo. Fun." 

"We need to go get ingredients." I drive to the market. (Pretend there is no quarantine and the markets are stocked up normally.)

I park the car and we hop out. We walk around looking for the things we need. 

"We're making red velvet cake, Tom's favorite," I say. We finish getting everything and drive to my place. We grab the bags and begin to bake. I let Dawn mix the flour in. Bug mistake. While mixing, the flour goes all over her apron. We finish the batter and put it in the over. Next, we make the buttercream and get the cakes out. Meanwhile the cake cools we watch Stranger Things. Finally, the cake is cool and we put a crumb coat and add the fondant. 

Credit to Nerdy Nummies

We finish and it turns out like that. I put it in the fridge and we clean up. Soon, I am driving Dawn back to Tom's. Before she gets out of the car I say.

"Remember, this is a secret. Just tell Tom we made cupcakes." I say. She nods. 

Dawn's POV

I get back home and Tom hands me a stack of papers. 

"What is this?" I ask.

"Catchup homework." He answers. 

"I'm assuming you want me to do it?" I sigh.

"Not all of it. Just try to do some each day. That's all the work you missed." I nod and go upstairs. Let's start some awesome homework! I think sarcastically.