Stress is Temporary

A/N: Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I had writer's block. But now I'm back and better than ever! 

Thanks, @tom_haz for this chapter idea!

Dawn's POV

Today Tom is hosting a barbeque. We invited Sam, Harry, Paddy, Harrison, Isabel, Alan, Dallas, and Sam's girlfriend Elysia. I met Elysia before and she was really nice. Now it's almost 10:45 and I'm still in my pajamas. Everyone is coming at 11. I decide to be productive and get dressed.

I put on some heels, put my hair into 2 french braids, and put makeup on

I put on some heels, put my hair into 2 french braids, and put makeup on. I started scrolling on youtube on my computer and found a video titled 'the best senior graduation.' I start to think about my Senior graduation next year. What's that gonna be like? Will Alan and I still be together by Senior prom? Will Senior year be more stressful than Junior year? Where will I go to college? All these questions swarm my mind and I run downstairs for answers. I find Tom in the kitchen preparing a salad that I defiantly won't eat. I run into the kitchen like a zombie is chasing me. 

"I need answers!" I yell running into the kitchen. 

"Um....what?" Tom asks all confused.

"I was scrolling through Youtube and found this video about Senior year. I started to wonder: What's my Senior year gonna be like? Are Alan and I still gonna be together by Senior prom? Will Senior year be more stressful than Junior year? Where will I go to college?" I ask really fast.

"Woah Dawn, slow down. What?" 

I sigh. "I was scrolling through Youtube and found this video about Senior year. I started to wonder about all these things about next year."

"Ok...what were those things?"

"Like, what's Senior year gonna be like? Are Alan and I still gonna be together by Senior prom? Will Senior year be more stressful than Junior year? Where will I go to college?"

"Darling, why are you stressing about this now? It's Summer Vacation. Enjoy it."

"But, what if I don't graduate?"

"Don't worry darling, everything will be fine." Tom kisses my forehead. "You look lovely by the way."

I smile a bit and just then, the doorbell rings. Tom walks over and opens the door. Harry, Sam, Paddy, and Haz enter. Tom and I greet them and we all make small talk while everyone else comes. 

"Dawn why do you look so stressed?" Harry asks.

I sigh. "It just hit me that I'm gonna be a senior next year and I'll graduate."

"You should have seen her, she came running into the kitchen and began asking me all these questions, which I don't exactly know the answer to." Tom comments. 

"I thought you would know the answers to those questions though." 

"Why? I can't look into the future to find out if you and Alan will still be together by senior prom." 

"What were the questions?" Sam asks.

"I asked him what my senior graduation was gonna be like, and if Alan and I will be together by senior prom. I also asked him if Senior year would be more stressful than Junior year, and what college I would go to." I answer.

"Ohhhh. That makes a lot more sense." Sam says. 

"I for one, don't know the answers to those questions. And as for college, your dad didn't go to college." Harrison states. I turn to Tom.

"Really?" 

"Yeah," Tom says.

"I remember my high school graduation. It was really big and festive. There was a party and the prom. I remember they served booze at the prom cuz everyone was 18." Harrison recalls.

"Yeah. At our prom everyone went crazy. Half of us were drinking, and the other half was throwing up." Sam states.

"Will my prom be like that?" I ask. 

"Probably," Tom says. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. I sprint to the door, open it, and say hi to Dallas and Alan. 

"Hey!" I welcome them inside. Dallas says hi to Paddy and then Isabel and Elysia come in. Tom greets Isabel with a kiss, and so does Sam. Now that everyone's here, we all go outside. All the 'adults' (none of them are adults really. I mean, the oldest person here is Tom, and he just turned 24.) We all go outside and us teens sit down and chat. I sit down next to Alan, his arm wrapped around me. Paddy and Dallas are sitting across from us, Paddy holding Dallas' hand. 

"How is your guys' summer going?" Dallas asks.

"Good. Alan and I went night swimming a couple of days ago." I state.

"Fun! We went to the movies last Friday." Paddy says. 

 "Fun! What movie did you guys go see?" Alan asks.

"We went to see a scary movie." Dallas answers. I nod. 

Tom's POV

We all sit down and the kids go as far away as possible from us. Typical. We chat about some stuff. 

"Aww. Look at them." Isabel says, looking over to the kids. Just as we are looking, Alan kisses Dawn's cheek. "I remember being young and in love."

"Darling, you're still young, and in love," I state the truth, kissing Isabel on the cheek too. She laughs. Sam also kisses Elysia on the cheek. Harrison looks over at Harry.

"Don't even think about it," Harry says under his breath. We all laugh. I check the time and call everyone to eat. We all sit down. 

                 Tom                      Isabel                             Dawn                         Alan

Haz                                                                                                                                            Harry

                  Paddy                    Dallas                            Sam                            Elysia

We all begin to eat and the conversation is nice. That's when Tessa comes out and the amount of cuteness goes way up. I give her a piece of my chicken, hoping no one will notice. But of course, someone does. And that someone is my freakin dad.

"Dawn, next time you're gonna give Tessa food do it discreetly," Tom says, pinching a tomato with his fork.

"I swear. He has some weird superpower that he can sense whenever I do something bad." 

"It's called being a parent. I like this superpower." Tom chuckles. 

Dawn's POV

We finish eating and us teens, decide to jump into the pool, because why not. 

"3 2 1!" We all yell and launch ourselves into the water. It's cold and we come out to see all the adults either laughing or shaking their heads in disapproval. I go inside and grab towels for everyone. Then, we just lay and let the warm sun hit our skin. Soon, it's time for everyone to leave. Everyone heads out and I help Tom clean up. 

"I like that superpower of yours, by the way," I say picking up some plates.

"Yeah. I like it too. Are you still stressed about next year?" Tom asks me.

"Not really, no. I guess this barbeque distracted me." 

"Good. Come on let's head inside and watch a movie." Tom suggests. We walk inside and spend the rest of the day in front of the TV.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. Please give me some ideas for the next chapters.