Awkward

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks, @tom_haz for helping me with this chapter!

Warning: Suicidal stuff. (Just Lexi being mean. Nothing really happens.)

Tom's POV

It's 6:45 and Dawn is still asleep. She is gloomy and doesn't want to get up. Last night we had to slide pizza slices under her door. 

"Dawn come on. I know you're sad, but you have to go to school." I get a groan in response. "Be up by 6:50 please."

I don't blame her for acting this way. Alan was important and they were in love. 

Dawn's POV

I get out of bed and trudge to my closet. I don't pick out a nice outfit, just some pants and a hoodie. All dark colors. I grab a beanie cuz I don't feel like doing my hair.

 I grab a beanie cuz I don't feel like doing my hair

I don't do my makeup. I slide my hands in the hoodie pockets and trudge downstairs. I see Isabel and Tom in the kitchen talking. I walk in and grab some cereal and milk. I sit down and begin to eat without saying a word. 

"You ready for school?" Isabel asks. 

I shrug. "I guess."

"Well, eat quickly so you're not late." 

I finish eating, grab my bag and go to the bus stop. I saw Paddy but didn't say hi.

"Dawn you ok? You know with the whole break up?" He asks. Everyone knows already. The news spread fast and I'm gonna get that question a lot today.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just got my heart broken by someone who I loved. So, yeah I feel amazing!" I state sarcastically.

Paddy looks down. "If it makes you feel any better, Alan is miserable."

"Really?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I think so. He may just act like everything is fine, but he's crushed on the inside. You should have heard him on the phone last night."

I chuckle. "Yeah." That was the first time I had laughed in about 48 hours. We get on the bus and it drives us to school. I hop out and all eyes move towards me. I slip my hood over my head and speed-walk across to the entrance. I finally get to my locker and take the hood off. I open my locker and put my stuff inside. As I turn around, there is a sea of people surrounding me.

"What happened with Alan? Did he break up with you or you broke up with him? On a scale of 1 to 10, how sad are you? Why are you wearing such depressing colors? Are you now depressed? Is your heart broken? Can I have Alan now?" All the questions echo around me.

"ENOUGH!" I yell. I grab my stuff and push past everyone. I meet Shawn inside. I plop down in my seat and put the hood over my head. I see Alan come in, just like Paddy said he's acting like nothing ever happened. Like we never confessed our love to each other and he walks in with Lexi. 

"How are you doing?" Shawn asks.

"I don't wanna talk," I mumble.

"Ok...If it makes you feel any better, I'm going on a date with Jack tomorrow." 

"That great!" I say with excitement. "I'm really happy for you." A tear slips down my face as I remember all the dates Alan and I had. I quickly wipe it away. I then realize that I have to give everything back to Alan, everything he gave to me. Another tear falls. No don't cry at school. Be strong Dawn. I think. I get through all my classes and the comes lunch. Where am I gonna sit? The only reason I sat with my friends was because of Alan. I walk into the cafeteria. Where do I sit? I find an empty table and sit there. Everyone from my former table look over. I then see all the girls(plus Shawn and minus Lexi) stand up, grab their lunches and move towards me. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"We couldn't leave our best friend sitting alone." Claire states. I smile, that feels nice. I look over and the boys are coming over. Everyone sat down with me. Alan and Lexi are left alone. I decide to be the bigger person and invite them over.

"You guys are welcome to join us." I welcome.

"Like we'd ever go sit with someone like you." Lexi insults.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask, walking over to her table.

"Oh, you know. You're drowning in sorrow because Alan broke up with you. I don't blame him, I don't know why he would ever date you when he has me. Look at yourself, you're ugly, fat, (Dawn is actually very fit. She's a gymnast.) your makeup skills are horrible. And you just don't belong on this earth. Do us all a favor and kill yourself."

A tear trickles down my cheek. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. I think. I ignore my thoughts and bolt to the bathroom, tears falling down my face. I lock myself in the bathroom stall. GOD! I hate this!

A/N: Sorry for the sudden extra mean Lexi. Let me know what you want to see next chapter! Please vote and comment!