Senior Year Here I Come!

A/N: It's been a couple of months and summer is over. It's September 6th. Thanks to @tom_haz for helping me with this chapter.

Dawn's POV

The sound of my alarm blares, telling me to get up. I open my eyes and check the time: 6:00 am. I have school! It's Senior year! I jump out of bed and run to my closet. I pick out a nice first-day-of-school outfit.

 I pick out a nice first-day-of-school outfit

I leave the jacket. I walk over to the bathroom and straighten my hair and do my makeup. I put the beanie on and head downstairs.

"How do I look?" I ask, sliding into the kitchen.

"Hey Dawn! You look lovely." Tom states, kissing my forehead.

"Really? No 'grab a jacket'. Or 'don't get dress coded'?"

"Nope. You can wear whatever clothes you want. Just keep them on while you're with Alan." Tom smirks. 

My jaw drops. " Dad! What the heck!" I hit him lightly on the arm. I sit down and eat my breakfast. 

"You ready for your first day?" Tom asks.

"Yup. I'm really excited." I finish breakfast, run upstairs, and grab my backpack. I come back downstairs. "Bye love you!" 

"Dawn wait!" Tom calls.

"Yeah?" 

"Bye darling. I love you." Tom says. I walk out the door and get to the bus stop. I get there and see Paddy. 

"Hey ready for the first day?" I ask him.

"Yeah." We get on the bus and head to school. 

Time skip to when they get to school. Brought to you by Billy Elliot.

We get to school and I go to my locker. This year my locker isn't next to Alan, but we're still in the same hall. My locker is next to someone I don't know. I'm putting my stuff in my locker when a familiar voice says my name. 

"Hey Dawn," 

I turn and see Shawn. "Hi Shawn! What are you doing here?" 

"I moved here in the summer. I am now going to school here." 

"Cool! Where's your locker?" 

"Right here." He opens the next to mine. I look over and see Alan and some red-haired girl laughing. Their lockers are next to each other. I see Paddy and yank his arm.

"Who's that?" I whisper-ask.

"Oh no. That's Lexi Stanfield. Alan's ex. She moved away, I guess she's back." Paddy states.

"What! They were laughing together a minute ago."

"Go over there then," Paddy suggests. I do just that. 

"Hey baby!" I say walking over.

"Oh hey ducky!" Alan greets. "Dawn, this is Lexi. Lexi this is Dawn, my girlfriend." 

"Hi." I move my arm out so she can shake it. 

Lexi rolls her eyes and takes my hand. "Hi." 

I look up at Alan and lift my eyebrow up. He shrugs and says, "I'll see you later."

"Bye." Alan leaves and I am left there with Lexi.

"Um, what are your classes?" I ask.

"I have 6 of them with Alan." She brags.

"Oh, I have 4 of them with him." The bell is about to ring so I leave for my first class. I get there just in time and sit next to Addison. I see Shawn sit next to me. Class starts and ends quickly. I head to my locker and look over to see Alan and Lexi laughing once again. I sigh. My next class is with Lexi. Ugh! I go to my next class. I walk in and sit down.

I decide to be nice. "Hi Lexi," I say.

She walks over. "Quit the act. I know you and Alan are together, but he's mine.

I'm in shock. "First off, Alan is no one's. He's not a toy. Second, You and Alan may have history but he wouldn't do that to me. So if you'll excuse me, it's time to learn about civics." 

The bell rings and I leave. I get through the rest of my classes and go to lunch. I meet Alan and we sit down together. It's good to be with him. The same people from last year sit together. I get through the rest of the day and see that Lexi is in half of my classes, but so is Shawn.  I realize that Shawn is in a bunch of my classes. Finally, the day ends and Tom picks us up. 

"How was school?" He asks as Paddy and I get in. 

"Good." Paddy answers. 

"Horrible," I grumble. 

"Why Dawn?" Tom asks.

"Cuz. Alan and I barely have classes together and his ex came back and she's a little b-"

"Dawn don't finish that sentence." Tom states.

"But She's a pain in the a-"

"Dawn!" Tom exclaims.

"Sorry I'm angry. She's trying to get him back. And Alan isn't doing anything about it." I sigh.

"How about you talk to Alan?" Paddy suggests. 

"Yeah, maybe." I look out the window and pretend I'm in a music video. We get home and I go do my homework. I finish and make a couple of TikToks. I shower and change into pajamas and use my laptop. I see my phone light up. It's an unknown number. 

555-555-555
Hey it's Shawn.

555-555-555 changed to Shawn🏊

Dawn: Hey Shawn!

Shawn🏊: Hey how's it going?

Dawn: Good! U?

Shawn🏊: Great! Have you done the science homework yet?

Dawn: Yeah

Shawn🏊: What did you get for question 4?

Dawn: I got A

Shawn🏊: Ok thanks!

I put my phone down and head downstairs for dinner. I help Tom set the table and we begin to eat. 

"How are you and Isabel?" I ask.

"Good. We're going out tomorrow night." Tom answers.

"Oooooo. Where are you going?" 

"That fancy restaurant a block away from the park."

"Fun! Can I go over to Haz's for dinner then?" 

"Yeah. I'll ask him." Tom says as we finish dinner. I head back upstairs, contemplating if I should text Alan. I decide not to. I'm not sure if I'm mad at him or just worried. I just don't want us to fall apart. Why did this have to happen? Senior year starts off horrible. Why can't things go back to normal? I love Alan and I don't want him to leave my life. He's the first boy I've ever loved. I go to sleep without that happy feeling in my heart.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! The DrAmA is stirring up! Next chapter is mostly gonna be Tom and Isabel btw! Please request!