The Aftermath of a Breakup

A/N: Wow! The poll exploded. And almost all of you said they shouldn't get back together. So, here is the chapter. 

Warning: Same, Lexi being a butt and Suicidal thoughts.

Dawn's POV

I run to the bathroom not caring if anyone is following me. I lock myself in the bathroom stall and let the tears pour. After a couple of minutes, I hear someone call my name.

"Dawn, are you ok?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah I'm fine. What are you doing here? This is the girl's bathroom." I state softly.

"I don't care what bathroom this is. And you don't sound ok. Open the door please."

I unlock the door, Shawn comes in, and hugs. "You know everything Lexi said is wrong. You're amazing, and beautiful. She's just jealous."

"Yeah."

"Lexi's a jerk."

"You could say that again." I laugh. Shawn and I walk out of the bathroom and back into the cafeteria. When I step into the cafeteria, I am enveloped in a group hug by all my friends, except Alan. I get through classes. And lastly, last period with Lexi. I sit down and Lexi comes up to me.

"You know, Alan is a great guy. Too bad he had to waste so much time on you. Well whatever, he hasn't done that since he's been with me." Lexi sneers and walks away. With her? Was Alan cheating on me since Lexi got here? I get through class and grab my stuff quickly. I find a note on my locker:

Meet me in front of the school.

-AM

Yay! *note sarcasm* Alan wants to see me. I close my locker and go to the front of the school.

"What do you want?" I ask. We're not facing each other. 

"I want my stuff back." He states.

"Stuff?"

"Yeah. Everything I gave to you. My jacket, hoodie, the stuffed duck. All that." He snaps.

"Gladly." I walk out the door and go to the car. Tears are threatening to spill out. I get in the car and Tom drives us away. I get a text from Paddy, who's in the car.

Paddy: You ok

Dawn: Yeah I'm fine. I mean I'm heartbroken, Alan is being a jerk, Lexi told me to end myself, and Alan wants everything he gave to me back. And I think Alan cheated on me for the whole time Lexi has been here. So yeah I'm amazing.

Paddy: You gonna tell Tom about what Lexi said?

Dawn: What? No! It's fine.

Paddy: It's not fine Dawn. She shouldn't say that to you.

Dawn: Don't tell Tom. 

Paddy: Fine. But if she keeps being a jerk, I'm telling him.

Dawn: Fine

"What are you guys texting about?" Tom asks.

"Um, A-" Paddy is about to speak.

"Nothing!" I exclaim and laugh nervously. "It's nothing, just school work."

"Hmm, ok." We get home and I bolt to my room. 

"Dad Mom! Do we have a cardboard box?" I yell from upstairs.

"Yeah there's one in a garage." Isabel answers. I run to the garage and grab it. I run back to my room and grab everything Alan ever gave to me; The stuffed duck, hoodies, jackets, and more. I fold everything neatly and tears come down as I remember all the memories and how I got all these things. I am almost done with the box, I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in," I say, my voice cracking. Isabel walks in and hugs me.

"You giving Alan his stuff back?" She asks. I nod crying into her chest. "I'll help you out. Finish the box, put on amazing makeup, do your hair and dress amazingly. When he sees you, guilt will wash over him and he'll be sad."

I nod and pick out an outfit.

I do my hair and makeup. I grab the box and have Isabel drop me off. I ring the doorbell and wait, the nerves are kicking in. Alan opens the door.

"Here you go." I shove the box into his arms.

"Uh thanks," Alan says. "Is everything in here?"

"Yeah. Except for the pictures, I'm burning those. You know you used to be a sweet guy. You told me you loved me and I said it back. Then suddenly, Lexi comes and you're all over her."

"Yeah well, guess what, people change." Alan snaps.

"Oh yeah, believe me I know. Something that Lexi said today surprised me. She said that 'He hasn't done that since he's been with me.' You've been cheating on me since Lexi came."

Alan didn't say anything. That confirmed it.

"Well guess what! I'm done! Done with you and your fake love. Goodbye Alan." I state and walk away. Isabel and I drive home. Once we get home I start a fire in the fireplace and grab all the pictures of us and every picture that he took and put on my locker. I begin by burning our prom picture, then the night swimming picture we took. I lay each picture on the fire and watch the memories burn. A tear falls out of my eye, and then another, and another. Here we go.

Tom's POV

I peek into the family room, Dawn is there burning all the pictures of Alan and her. And with those pictures she's burning her feelings. I walk upstairs, I need to tell Isabel.

"What's going on?" She asks.

"Dawn is burning all of her pictures with Alan. She's not coping well."

Isabel sighs. "You wanna talk to her?"

"Let's do this together," I suggest. We walk downstairs and Dawn is still burning the pictures. We sit on each side of her. "Dawn you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah I'm fine." She looks at me with teary eyes. 

"Dawn, this isn't a good way to cope," Isabel says.

"He cheated on me," Dawn whispered. "Since the first day Lexi came back he was with her." I hug Dawn and so does Isabel. We just sit there looking at the pictures crumpled. Later we eat some dinner.

Dawn's POV

After dinner, I go upstairs, not being able to get what Lexi said out of my head. 'Do us all a favor and kill yourself'. I go to sleep contemplation if Lexi is right. Maybe she's right.