The loss of a friend

Two weeks had passed and Liza had had another check up. Dr. Moris had said that the ankle was healing quite well and should be good enough for Liza to give her audition. But Liza should take rest. Anyway, since Liza was bored at home, she decided to go to BRIT to surprise her friends after taking due permission. Again, all of her friends had visited or at least called her up, except Ericka Hargreaves. So anyway, she and Tom set off for BRIT in his Audi. When she reached, Tom had to help her out a bit to get out. Liza knew that lunch break was on and hence they went in. Liza was going through the empty hallways with Tom when she heard an eerily familiar voice from a nearby class and her eyes widened...
"Yes Nancy. She won't be auditioning. The role is definitely mine. Hell, she can't even walk properly. There's no way Liza will get the role of Hawkeye even if Tom recommends her himself. I will. Finally, greasing the steps of the auditorium stage paid off. How hard it was to find that grease! Especially pretending to be her friend."
Liza was praying it wasn't who she was thinking it was. But she went in and was met with Ericka Hargreaves, caught red handed. Tom followed Liza into the classroom and he too heard every word. To say that he was fuming would be a sheer understatement. Tom hardly got this angry, but now he was seeing red.
Ericka's eyes widened as large as saucers. She had been caught in the act. "Umm...L-li-za...", she began. All she got in reply was a death glare and Tom shooting daggers at her through his eyes. Let's just say that if looks could kill, she'd have been six feet under. Honestly, Ericka was dumbfounded. What was left to say. From their expressions both the Holland siblings had heard every single word.
"Why Ericka just why?", was all Liza asked.
"Do you think I'm stupid. Ofcourse you'd have Tom recommend you to get the role. And you don't deserve it bitch. You're so self-centred. All you know is yourself and only yourself.", Ericka spat out, venom lacing her words. Tom was going to reach out to Ericka  but Liza curtly stopped him.
"You really think so. I pity you. I had already made Tom swear to not do anything with the auditioning process. You know, if you would've just told me you wanted the role so bad, I wouldn't have given my name for auditioning. But since you chose the dirty way, let me get this clear, I will audition and to the very best of my ability.", Liza finished.
Liza turned and saw their entire class standing on the door to the class. She turned away and left without even a single glance. The Holland's went straight to the Principal's office, per Tom's insistence, where Tom had a chat with the Principal, guaranteeing Ericka's suspension.
Liza outright refused to cry or show any emotion for that matter on this. According to her, she wouldn't give Ericka that satisfaction. And boy was she right!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N
Ohmygod!!! 14.1k reads!!!! Thank you so much guys!!! Love you all. I wish you all good health. Stay at home and stay safe.
Thank you again♡♡♡♡♡
Love,
E