Home Sweet Home

Previamente

The second she completed her sentence, Liza bounded up the stairs as quietly she could and directly opened the room to Jeff's door.

She was met with the sight of Jeff sitting on his bed, laughing his head off and another very familiar face, that of Ericka Hargreaves, occupying one of the chairs in Jeff's room, laughing just as heartily. Liza wanted the earth to swallow her whole at that moment. Her boyfriend was apparently laughing with her arch nemesis. Is that even a question, after what Erika did before the Hawkeye auditions, no.

So, the very frustrated 18 year old Elizabeth Teresa Holland cleared her throat loudly, effectively drawing the attention of the other two people in the room, making their heads snap towards the direction of her voice. Jeff quickly got out of his daze and got up to wrap Liza in a tight embrace which was reciprocated, but only half-heartedly, Erika looked very solemn and uncomfortable, rightfully so, according to Liza.

"I've missed you so much", Jeff muttered into Liza's hair. Liza wanted to ask about Erika but knew better than doing it in her presence.

After exchanging a few words and ignoring Erika, who had left soon after Liza's arrival, Liza finally left the Taylor residence to go to the place she called home.
When she got in the Holland house, she was attacked by Tessa, again. This time though, she was much better prepared, because she didn't fall on the floor and somehow balanced herself.
That's when it hit her, she'd be turning 19 soon. Soon being six days in this case. Unfortunately, Tom and Harry would be missing it. They were in Cleveland filming Cherry. With what little Liza knew about the film and whatever she'd been told about her brother's performance, she was sure the film was going to be absolutely brilliant. But that didn't stop her from feeling a bit sad. This was her first birthday without Tom and Harry since usually both of them are home during this time.
Keeping those thoughts aside, Liza had begun to feel a bit dizzy, and she hadn't really heard whatever Sam was talking. Her vision got blurry and before she realised what was happening, she passed out. Luckily, Sam held her so that she didn't fall on the floor and called for their parents.

When Liza regained consciousness, she was on her bed, Sam and Paddy sitting on either side of her, her hands in theirs. With what little she could make out, Sam had evident tear tracks on his cheeks, he'd been crying. She squeezed her brothers hands softly. Their eyes snapped to her immediately. She tried to smile softly, but was Sam going to buy it? Hell no!
"Liza", he started, eyes red and face blotchy, "what were you thinking! You scared the shit out of mum-"
"And all of us", Paddy interrupted sternly, then Liza noticed that he'd been crying as well.
"You said you've been taking care of yourself!! Is this what you mean by taking care??", Sam scolded, Liza looked very sheepish. If Sam was this angry, Liza could only wonder how mad her mum and dad were going to be.
"You know mum forced Margie to read out your schedule on a week day and she spilled the beans!! You're being too hard on yourself! Taking a day off or just calming down won't help!", Sam finished.
Snitch! Never knew Margie would snitch about me! Liza thought.
This time around Liza didn't answer back, she would have but she knew that she was at fault here. She finally sat up and Paddy immediately engulfed her in a tight hug. "We were so worried! Don't do stuff like that! Understood?", Paddy said, tearing up again.
"Pads, I promise, okay! I'll take care of myself", Liza hugged him tight after saying that and Sam joined in the hug.

Dinner at the Holland household went exactly as you'd think. Liza got an earful from Nikki and Dom. She was waiting for Margie to call her, that was invevitable. 
"Hey mum", Liza greeted as she went up to Nikki who was drying the dishes.
"Guys, shall we watch a movie today?", Nikki asked, ignoring Liza.
"Mum!", Liza said, holding Nikki's shoulders, henceforth forcing her to look at her.
"Look, I know you're upset. I'm sorry for that mum. I promise I'll take care of myself-", Liza started, but Nikki beat her to it.
"Upset? Liz do you have any idea how terrified we were when you passed out!", Nikki said.
"Mum, I know. I promise, it'll never happen again. Okay?", Liza reassured.
"It better not", Nikki nodded and hugged her daughter.