The Audition

Liza's POV
My alarm starts to blare and I turn over in my bed to switch it off. I then somehow begrudgingly get up and am about to go to the bathroom when it hits me, TODAY IS THE AUDITION!!! OH MY GOD!!
I rush to the bathroom and quickly do my stuff. My period ended yesterday so that's a relief. I quickly take a shower and put on some jeans, my converse and a plain black top.
.
.
.
I go down for breakfast. Everyone is already down. "Morning everyone.", I greet and am greeted back with a chorus of 'Good Morning's. Mum hands me my breakfast, pancakes. I really didn't feel like eating though. I was nibbling away on them. Generally, I would have gobbled it up as soon as possible, but today was different...
I was lost in my own precious reverie when mum said, "When are you planning on eating it?". I quickly snap out of my daze and start eating. While I was eating Margie texted me that the audition started at 11 and she would pick me up at 10. It was currently 9am here. I still had an hour to kill.
.
.
Said hour passes too quick for my liking and soon I'm following Margie to her car after reasurrances and wishes from my family. Even my friends had texted to wish me luck.
.
.
.
Margie was reassuring me all the time. It was sweet. Definitely. But it was getting annoying now. I knew she means well. But I don't have the heart to ask her to shut up.
.
.
.
Soon we were at the building. Ohmygod! Thisisreal!! It's happening!! Again, we arrived at the building too soon. I was hoping there would be some traffic, but no. Absolutely nothing. We even stopped to get coffee for both of us to waste some time.
.
.
.
Sooner that later, Margie was practically dragging me into the building. Why you ask? Because I wanted to run back to my house and was ready to take off.
.
.
.
We arrived at the reception and Margie went over to the receptionist. They exchanged some words, which I didn't hear. And soon Margie was making her way towards me with some papers. She quickly gave me a few instructions and handed me my monologue. She also said, to my utter relief, that my turn was towards the end.
.
.
.
"LIZA HOLLAND!", some lady's voice rang out and snapped me out of my daze. I was done with the monologue and was ready. Was I though? Anyway with a last reasurrance and hug from Margie, I was on my way to the lady. It was show time. It was time to put on a show! A perfect one at that.
When I was walking, the nerves started kicking in. No, I was not letting them mess with me. But no, I was getting immensely nerves. But Tom's voice echoed in my head,
"Turn your nerves into excitement."
.
.
.
.
I entered the room and there were a few people I knew. Sarah Finn, the casting director was there. So was Trihn Tran, one of the producers.
I started with the monologue. I tried my level best to not show my nervousness and I think I did a good job. When I finished, the people in the room clapped and told me I'd done a good job.
.
.
.
I came out and Margie was there waiting for me. She said that they would inform us today if we were cleared for the next audition which would be at Cardiff.
.
.
.
We want back home, and boy was I tired. I was bombarded with questions regarding the audition which I answered to the best of my ability. We had dinner and I was off to bed when my phone buzzed.
.
Margie💜: I'm forwarding you am email. I suggest you sit down somewhere.
Liza💙: Umm... Ok.
.
Not a minute after I sent the text I got the email.
.
.
.
It read that I was cleared for the second stage of the audition at Cardiff.
.
.
.
I screamed so loud, that probably everyone in our house heard me well and clear.