The Haircut

(Here's a special chapter I'd been thinking about writing since an age! I've missed writing about Liza, to be completely honest.
Ps. This takes place in real time, 2020, late May)

Liza's POV:

Quarantine, what a wonderful time to relax at home, spend time with your family, learn something new and long story short, take a step back from the usual hectic schedule. I had flown in from LA, where I had auditions, meetings, script readings and costume fittings. Unfortunately, that was a day after Tom-who had flown in from Berlin. I was supposed to be staying over at his house, with said owner of the house, my ever opportunistic brother Harold, the biggest div of all time, Harrison and big T, Tuwaine. Do not get me wrong, I love them to death. But being stuck in a house with them for an indefinite period of time is making me question my sanity. Twats.

The first part of the lockdown was actually good for us. We discussed a lot of stuff for the Brothers Trust, slept around all day and basically relaxed. But at this point, we were desperate to head out.

Everyone had been busy, Tom and I had meetings and interviews, Harry had finally edited and put up Roses For Lily on YouTube, Harrison and Tuwaine were occupied with auditions, meetings and what not. But we all wanted to go out.

That's what was my life in lockdown. I had filmed a couple of YouTube videos, lifestyle and makeup ones, that too after an eternity. But I was too lazy to edit. And I was missing Sam and Mum's food, Dad's humour and irritating Paddy.

One fine sunny day in May, I woke up to the boys screaming like banshees. Annoyed, I headed down. Not giving a damn about how I looked, a mess.

'Oi you morons,' said morons froze. It was common knowledge that sleepy me was a more of a nightmare.

'What on earth is going on with you guys? Can't a girl sleep in peace?!'

'Tom is cutting Harry's hair!' Harrison exclaimed.

'What?' This is blasphemy! Harry doesn't let us touch his precious curls. And he's actually letting Tom cut it. No way.

'He agreed!!!' Tom chorused.

I walked over to where Harry was standing and bent to meet his eyes.
'Brother mine, did they drug you?' I whisper.

Harry shook his head. 'I'm okay. Tom won't stop bugging me about me. Just get it over with.'

I turned to Tom. 'When do you start?'

'In half an hour. Why?'
Tom didn't get an answer. I had already dashed to my room. I needed to witness this.

By the time I was back out, Tom had already set up his phone to go live. Poor Harry was fidgeting nervously.

‘If this goes badly, you can always go bald or get a buzz cut,’ I chirped in.

‘Thanks for the confidence boost!’ Tom sassed.

They finally started the live. Christine, Tom's stylist joined in after the boys were done explaining what they were gonna do.

Honestly, I can't believe that Harry got talked into letting Tom touch his curls. Don't get me wrong, I love my elder brother, but he's such a dork. So trusting him with this... Yeah, I have my doubts.

I was pulled from my thoughts when a shrill shriek sounded. Tom and Harry had scared themselves. Get my point?

I sat through almost an hour of this chaos, had to control my laughter in between. Tom nearly messed up too bad once or twice but close saves... I'm just glad Harry has both ears and his hair looks somewhat decent. That is in short supply these days.
But in the end, we all have good and bad days. Memories of which we carry like a baggage. It's all in what we choose to keep and what we opt to let go of. That's life. The memories, the choices. Up to us what we do. Now more than ever, we have learnt to cherish the smallest of things. For not everything lasts forever. Life is an ever changing sea. And this was a droplet. It's always one hell of a ride, innit?

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 🎉