Happy Anniversary.

3. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY

Lucious takes Cookie out to celebrate their anniversary

The silver sequins on Cookie's dress glimmered underneath the chandelier as she strutted down the stairs of the mansion. Her long Brazilian inches cascading down her back, stopping just above her round ass, swayed from side to side. Lucious stood in a matching silver suit at the bottom of the staircase, clinging onto every echo of his wife's heels clicking against the marble steps. His eyes widened at the sight of her. Despite seeing her near enough 24/7, her beauty never failed to have him in complete and utter awe.

"Wow," he murmured aloud. Cookie let go of the stair rail to take a hold of her husband's outstretched hand. Her deep red-stained lips curving up into a smile as he shamelessly ogled her. His eyes were hungry and full of want. "You look..." he blew out a sigh. Magnificent? Breath-taking? It seemed none of those words did his wife justice. "Like a Queen, baby."

"I know," she mused with a laugh that he returned. "I would've looked better with some fur." Cookie complained with a frown as she remembered the men carting out her babies to sell to some fake ass Cookie's on the streets.

"I'm sorry, baby," Lucious grunted out, annoyed that there was nothing he could do about it. They were on the edge, money-wise. "I'll buy you all the fur in the damn world when we're back on our feet. I swear that to you." He solemnly promised.

Cookie caressed his cheek, massaging away the frown on his face. "Hey, it's just fur," she told him with a half-smile. "Come on. We can't be late." She reminded as she pulled her phone out of her Chanel bag shaped like a pineapple to check the time. "Remind me how you scored reservations to La Grenouille?" she questioned, incredulously. "For free."

"This ol' geezer's still got connections, baby." He reminded as he opened the front door for her. "Who doesn't want to say that Lyons ate good at their establishment?"

Cookie hummed, tilting her head to the side. "True." She agreed as she slipped her hand into the crook of his arm. "I'm a little nervous," she confessed, tenderly, once they were on the road to the French restaurant. He arched an eyebrow up, gesturing for her to elaborate. "I mean when was the last time we went on a date?" she exclaimed. "We don't do dates, man!"

"Because back in the day, we were busy building Empire and making babies," He shot her a sly smile as she snorted with amusement. "And then when we were finally brought back together, we had a business to run and protect." he reminded her as he reached over for her hand, and laced them together. "Now we've got some time before we get back to the hustle, yeah baby?"

She softly nodded in agreement. "Yeah." It was true. With Empire and their sons, their romance had been forced to take a seat on the backburner. Truthfully, Cookie and Lucious had more time for each other before they made it big and all their dreams came true. "Promise me something?"

"Anything." He retorted with hesitation.

"When we're back on our feet, we won't forget to love each other." She murmured, glancing at him with brown doe eyes.

"Ay, baby, when I asked you to marry me again, I promised I'd put you before anything..." he lifted her hand to his lips. "I meant that."

"Okay," she breathed out. Her nerves somewhat resting. "Turn the radio on, man. Let me hear what these fools are passing off as good music without Lyon hits." she huffed, leaning forward to turn the radio on with the hand that wasn't being, gently, caressed by her husband's callous thumb.

"Like I wasn't good enough for you. Guess you done caught you a case of amnesia. Maybe you should take a look in your rearview..." At the lyrics, Cookie side-eyed her husband as he gulped and kept his hand straight while peppering kisses to her hand still in his grasp. Cookie pursed her lips before switching the song. She'd long forgiven him for his mistakes.