Cater To You.

Cater To You.

After Cookie's heart attack, Lucious gives her some tender loving.

Requested by NylaaPhylaa

When Lucious strolled through the front door of his mansion, his head was still reeling as he slowly pieced together Eddie's deceitful plan. Lucious was no stranger to betrayal but from a cat like Eddie, a long-time friend...he expected better. More fool Lucious for letting his guard down and trusting another person unworthy of his time and loyalty. He must be getting soft in his old age. He rolled his shoulders back and strode toward the staircase, more than ready to see Cookie and unwind after a tiresome day. As he passed the dining room, he heard rustling and turned his head to see Cookie at the table. He stopped and inwardly snorted...this damn woman.

"Baby?" he called out,

"Yeah?" Cookie replied, dryly, foreseeing the long, unnecessary lecture Lucious was about to rain down on her. She wasn't in the mood. She'd had a heavy day after seeing Chyna, Poundcake, and Mr. Burleson. She pitied his wife. She seemed like a nice, naïve woman...it was a shame she'd unwittingly married a raping monster.

"You over here working? You sure your cardiologist would approve?" Lucious questioned, gently, as he approached the table. He could tell by her tone and the drained look on her face that his love was exhausted. He didn't want to stress her out by being overprotective. At least she was sipping on some green juice and wearing her fitness bracelet. He considered that a win considering how stubborn Cookie could be when it came to putting herself first.

"No, I'm just putting some money on the books for some girls still behind the wall. That's all." She promised as she wrote down how much she wanted to deposit into each of her old prison friends' books.

"Somebody shaking you down?"

"No," she said, immediately, with a soft chuckle looking up from the notebook. "Not at all." Lucious smiled as he watched a little tension release from her muscles. "So, um, how did today go?" she asked, leaning back in her chair to listen to his answer. Her mind was somewhat distracted, but she wanted to know if Lucious had listened and given Andre a chance...after all, he was their son and Lucious had driven them to do the unthinkable. Hell, Cookie had tried to smother him with a pillow once so she really couldn't judge her eldest son for attempting to blow his Father up.

"It was good...it was good." He nodded. He wouldn't say he and Andre were good, not by a long shot but they were getting there.

"Okay," Cookie murmured before resuming to her paperwork. Lucious' eyebrows furrowed at her lack of genuine interest. Usually, she'd be ready to grill him for every detail but instead, she acted distant and barely present.

"You just gon' let me walk away with that?" He asked, peering down at her. She paused at his question and avoided his probing gaze. "You okay, baby?" He murmured, concerned, as he pulled out a chair and sat down, giving her his full attention. He wanted her to offload her worries onto his shoulders. He wanted to know what was on her mind, so he could make it better.

Cookie pushed her papers aside and turned to look at Lucious, knowing he wouldn't leave her alone until she supplied an answer that satisfied him. "I saw two women today," she sighed. "One was dying and one was just living a lie," She frowned, remembering the look on Burleson's wife's face when Cookie told her that her husband was a rapist. It wasn't a look of shock...it was almost like she already knew. "And after all this stuff that happened with my heart and seeing those women I just..." She shook her head. "I don't want to take my life for granted anymore. Now Lucious I hear you saying you want me back and you want things to go back to the way they were, but I'm not interested in going back. I want to move forward-"