Raw Love.

20. RAW LOVE.

On a rare weekend, the Lyon couple had Saturday and Sunday away from their business duties. Sometime around midnight, Lucious had grown peckish and wandered downstairs for a late-night snack and when he had returned, he'd found Cookie atop of the soft sheets, twisted around so her head rested at the bottom of the bed, in nothing but sheer undergarments. Lucious smiled, soppily, at the sight before he climbed atop of the covers also. He hugged his arms around her body, resting his head just below her ass cheeks. The tie of his durag fell over his eye as he closed them. It wasn't hard to find peace with his wife's warm body lulling him to sleep.

The kind of intimacy he and Cookie had; one could only dream of mimicking.

In the morning, sunlight filtered into the bedroom. Cookie stretched out on the sheets and frowned when she noticed her husband's side of the bed was vacant. With a tired yawn, she pulled herself up into a sitting position and glanced around the room as she rubbed her eyes.

A smile lit her face up as she blinked in her surroundings and saw Lucious round the corner with a tray of goods in his hands. He leaned down and kissed her mouth, gently, before setting the tray in front of her. The sight of a healthy selection of fresh fruit, a strawberry smoothie, and a single rose had Cookie's heart softened as her mouth watered at the food.

"Lucious, this looks beautiful," she murmured as she picked up a neatly sliced strawberry and slipped it between her lips. "Damn, that tastes good." she proclaimed with surprise since it wasn't strawberry season.

"Only the best for my best," he told her, honestly, as he strolled around to the other side of the bed and came to sit beside her. He reached into the plate and picked up a grape. "Open." Cookie's eyes creased as she smiled. Her mouth opened and let Lucious slide the tasty fruit. His thumb came underneath her bottom lip to brush away the dripping juice. "Sleep good?"

Cookie hummed. "So good," she told him. "Whatchu wanna do today?" she questioned as she crossed her legs.

Lucious' fingertips drew patterns along Cookie's coco thighs. "I don't have anything in mind, baby. Anything that means time with you, is good enough for me."

Cookie tilted her head to the side and caressed Lucious' cheek. "You're so soft," she said to him, teasingly.

"On you." He corrected. "I'm soft on you." He murmured as he turned his head and kissed her palm. "I'mma run you a bath, baby. You want some bath salt in it?" he questioned as he got up from the bed.

"Please," she bowed her head. "You gon' get in it with me?" she asked as she reached for the homemade smoothie.

"If you want, baby."

She nodded her head. "Wash my hair?"

"Of course."

While Lucious disappeared into the bathroom to run the bath, Cookie padded across their bedroom floor and went to a box atop of the Chester drawers that had remained untouched for quite a while. In a mood to reminisce, she took the box underneath her arm and sauntered back to the comfort of her and her husband's bed. Her fingers gently brushed against the photos in a retro filter. Cookie's eyes squinted at the photos. They used to be so young with the love pouring out of their eyes.

She and Lucious had gone through their fair share of trials and tribulations. Many times Cookie had been certain they weren't going to make it. But these two - she focused on the photograph of Cookie kissing Lucious' cheek as he laughed - a young Cookie and Lucious believed that nothing would ever be strong enough to tear them apart. Even after the loss of the first child, Lucious had kissed her for longer and Cookie had held his hand tighter.