Wishing.

WISHING.

(A continuation of Say Yes)

Their travelling adventure together had officially begun, as Cookie and Lucious boarded their private jet to Paris. It felt strange, feeling so free, without any hard commitments to Empire now they had entrusted their eldest child with the family company. Truthfully, Cookie hadn't quite logged out of work mode yet and spent the journey in the air to the city of love on her laptop, getting Empire updates from Porsha, instead of appreciating the beautiful view of the blue sky outside. She had forgotten about her fiancé's presence until Lucious was closing her laptop and putting it on the table.

"Uh, excuse you!" Cookie protested, but he shushed her and passed her a champagne glass, with a finely cut strawberry floating on top.

"Come on, baby, no Empire business." Lucious reminded, sternly, as he took a seat beside her and pulled her legs onto his lap. He pulled off the sliders warming her feet and began to knead her foot. Cookie hummed and sipped on her wine as she watched Lucious' fingers to their magic.

"Sorry," she apologised, reluctantly, rolling her eyes. Her fiancé chuckled. "It just feels strange to be so hands off."

"I know, baby," Lucious agreed, understandingly. "But we left our company in Andre's hands. That's always been the goal, remember, honey? To create a great legacy to pass down to the next generation. Andre's gon' do just fine."

Cookie smiled, her heart-warming at Lucious' confidence in their son. It was long overdue. It had always been the logical and smartest decision to leave Empire in Dre's hands considering he had spent all his life dedicated to the family business. Jamal and Hakeem were talented artists that needed to focus on their careers, and both sons had came to the realisation that being the Boss of Empire and an artist was near damn impossible to juggle.

Cookie turned her head to peer out the window and gazed at her surroundings in awe. She and Lucious travelled a far bit, but it was always strictly business, so she'd never allowed herself to be taken away by the simplicity of a clear blue sky. She was excited about this new path she and Lucious were about to explore together. It almost seemed fantasy-like. Had someone told her a few months ago that she had be engaged to Lucious and handing over her CEO duties to Andre to travel the world with him, she would have laughed in their face and asked if they were stupid.

She refocused her attention back to her fiancé and smiled, widely. When he looked up to meet her doe gaze, he smiled, tenderly, at her. The soft look in his eye made her look away, feeling shy.

Goodbye New York, and Hello Paris!

The Lyons touched down in the city of love in the afternoon and immediately collapsed into a deep slumber the moment their heads hit the soft sinking mattress at their luxurious hotel.

The next morning, Cookie sauntered out of the steamy bathroom in a matching lacy set of lingerie with a thin robe tossed over her shapely figure to join Lucious on the balcony. She leaned on the doorframe and watched him for a moment as he sipped his black coffee and flipped through the newspaper. She didn't think she'd ever saw him so uninhibited. His shoulders untensed, and he seemed to have a natural glow about him that wasn't induced by some good sex. Cookie loved the sight. She wanted to see her man like this more often.

"Morning, baby," he murmured, sensing her presence, as his eyes remained focused on whatever article he was reading in the paper.

Her lips quirked up as she strolled out onto the balcony and relished the warm foreign heat hitting her skin. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and dropped a kiss to the crook of his neck, affectionately, before sliding into the seat beside him. She lifted up the food covers and adorned her plate with croissants and fresh strawberries. She took a bite of the sweet pastry and hummed with satisfaction.