Wine Drunk.

WINE DRUNK.

"No. I don't hate you, Lucious." Cookie announced, looking her husband up and down, distastefully. "I'm just finally seeing you for who you really are. And that ain't much." She watched, smugly, as the shock flashed in his eyes at her statement. She knew she'd verbally sucker-punched him in the gut, but goddamn did that negro deserve it after what he'd done to their child...and her. She snorted before sauntering away with her head held high, vodka swishing from side to side in her glass. Cookie could feel his stare at she walked away, but she didn't dare give him the satisfaction of a glance back. She wanted Lucious to reel in her words. Maybe he'd learn a thing or two about thinking before acting and speaking. The ole peg-legged fool.

Cookie's plan had worked. Lucious was reeling from her proclamation. 'I'm just finally seeing you for who you really, and that ain't much.' Her words coupled with the honesty in her tone was enough to send him over the edge. His wife had cut him deep. To her from the person that had always believed in him - through good and hard times - that she thought he wasn't shit, had Lucious reaching for the Hennessy and pouring himself stiff glass after stiff glass as Cookie's words persisted to taunt his mind. Had he and Cookie truly reached a point in their relationship where all she saw in him was darkness? Like his mother? Lucious' hand trembled as he grabbed the glass and tossed back the brown liquid with a ragged sigh following the gulp. Maybe Cookie thought he was a selfish, son of a bitch who only cared about himself...like he hadn't loved that woman with his entire heart and then some more, but Yana saw him. She saw the light inside of him. At least she saw what his own family remembers couldn't. Perhaps it was time to let Cookie go, and step onto a new road of soulful positivity and enlightenment with Yana. His lips twisted in thought as his thumb hovered over her phone number, wondering whether he should call or not. Stick with the old...or find something beautiful with the new.

In her apartment, Cookie lounged on the couch, watching the Real Housewives, wishing her life were a simple as these women with their rich husbands and mediocre life problems. She'd pushed all her Lucious drama to one side for the night, knowing she'd likely have to face the Devil tomorrow. Why did he have to make it so damn hard to love him? Cookie grunted and snatched up the red wine bottle, juggling in down like a champ. When she'd remarried that man, she thought things were going to be different...better. More fool her, she supposed with another swig. Because of course, soon came the storm of Jeff and Tracy Kingsley, Andre's cancer, Damon Cross, and all of the rest. She massaged her temples with a heavy sigh. If she and Lucious had just made it to that private Island...no Empire, no typical Lyon family drama, they'd be happy...Lord, she'd be so happy. But unfortunately, they weren't on an Island, but, as usual, they stuck in Lyon family drama that centred around Lucious' precious little Empire with their marriage being non-existent. Peering down at her bare ring finger, she frowned sullenly, maybe it was time to hand Lucious' those divorce papers she'd be sitting on and let her heart move on.

Lucious approached the hotel door on slightly stumbling feet with a vague speech in mind. He needed to apologise for how everything had gone down, how he'd treated, and disregarded her. He needed to make things right because now, he truly had no one else but he refused to lose her. Lucious needed her to survive in this cruel world where he was painted the villain. But in truth, they needed him this way to clean up their messes...protect them from enemies. He rapped loudly at the door with complete disregard for how late it was and leaned against it until he heard footsteps approaching and the sound of the door unlocking. He looked her up and down, ignoring the unimpressed look upon on her face, and admired her raw, unfiltered beauty with awe.

Cookie smacked her lips and tipped her head to the side. "The hell you want, Lucious?" She questioned, wine bottle in hand in case she needed to smash it upside somebody's head.