A Sick Man.

A Sick Man.

tclucy thank you for the suggestion love.

There were many trials and tribulations the big bad Lyon had to face throughout his hard journey through life and each obstacle he had overcome without breaking so much as a sweat. However, a bad cold was something the Patriarch with a body count longer than both his arms combined was something he couldn't hack. It was true what they said about men and colds because Lucious was certain he was dying right now...damn cold. He sniffed into the tissue and impatiently looked at his bedroom door, waiting for his wife to saunter through with her sexy self bringing him some hot soup.

"Baby!"

Cookie sucked her teeth as she approached the master bedroom where her 'strong' Black man was laid up, beaten by a little sniffle. She heard him holler for her as she carried a tray of soothing substances to ease his 'pain'. Lucious was such a big ass baby...hood nigga where? She pushed the door open with her ass and eyed her husband up and down with pursed lips. Wrinkled tissues surrounded their bed as he flicked through television channels with a deep drown settled on his supple lips. When he noticed her presence, relief instantly washed over him as he put the remote down and lifted himself up into a sitting position.

"Hey, baby, is that my soup?" He questioned, peering up to try and peek at the contents of the bowl adorned by steam. Cookie shook her head with disbelief at how rough he looked. How was this man getting his ass kicked by some little cold? Lucious frowned at the look on his wife's face as she regarded him with pursed lips and an arched eyebrow. "What, Cook? I'm sick!" He exclaimed, adding in a few fake coughs to prove his point.

"You're a punk." She laughed as she lowered the tray of goods onto the bed. The only reason she was entertaining his foolishness was because she was sick and tired of listening to him whine and complain. If she had to hear any more of it, she'd grab a pillow and smother him to death and this time, she'd see it through to the damn end. She pressed the back of her hand to his forehead and twisted her lips. "You're a little hot."

"See!"

"But, you'll live."

Lucious smacked his lips and pulled the tray onto his lap. "Come sit by me," He demanded, pulling back the blanket so Cookie could slide underneath beside him. Her nose wrinkled. She had no desire to get cozy with Lucious and his mountain of snot rags. "Woman..."

"I ain't tryna catch yo' diseases, Mayne." She mused as she wrapped her arms around her waist, feeling the fluffy material of her rainbow-colored dressing gown adorning her curvy figure.

"You'll live." He repeated with a teasing grin that caused her to smile against her will. Her tough exterior cracking. She loudly sucked her teeth before clambering into the bed. Lucious' hand immediately wrapped around her shoulder and kissed the side of her head. "Thanks for this, baby." He murmured, gesturing to the soup and homemade smoothie. "You wanna watch that Selling Sunset show?" He questioned, feigning nonchalance as he reached for the remote.

Cookie side-eyed her husband. "I thought you said it was some 'bullshit'." She recited her husband's words when she'd first coaxed him into watching her guilty pleasure. However, despite his earlier reluctance, Cookie had turned her head from where it had been resting on her husband's lap and saw his gaze completely focused on the television with squinted eyes of concentration. She knew her husband liked the damn show.

"It's i'ght..." Lucious grunted. "That bitch Davina better be gon' next season." He grumbled under his breath as he scooped up his soup and carefully blew it.