Home Is On The Way. Part 2.

7. HOME IS ON THE WAY P.2

"It was foolish of me to believe I could be your next love. I thought after a first love, there would be a chance for a second, but I was wrong. Oh, I was wrong..." The heavy guilt weighted on Lucious' shoulders as he listened to Yana's new single, and her last song under Bossy Media. When Lucious had broken off the relationship with Yana, deciding he couldn't continue to lead this wonderful woman on for his own personal gain, and now that Cookie was willing to try again with him there was no way he was going to keep up with the charade, she'd understandably asked for him to find her another label, claiming it would be too painful to work with him and Cookie and it was the least he could do for her.

"Be careful with those!" He heard the love of his life yell from the corridor. Pausing the music her loudmouth overshadowed, he stepped out into the corridor to see Cookie directing the delivery men to their bedroom with her extravagant fur coats on a rail. "Damage those, that's yo ass!"

With a grin, Lucious leaned against the doorframe as he watched her boss the men about with a hand on her hip with white fur draped over her shoulders and shiny diamond bedazzled heels clicking on the marble flooring of their mansion. When he caught her eye, she lowered her eyebrows at him with twisted lips to stop herself from smiling. Pushing himself off the wall, Lucious strode toward her with a cocky swagger while she stood, impatiently, waiting for him to reach her at the end of the corridor.

"Mrs. Lyon," he greeted with a crooked grin.

Her eyebrow arched. "Mrs?" she repeated before lifting her hand. "Last time I checked; my ring finger was bare."

"I'll marry yo' ass right now if you'll have me." He quipped, wrapping his hand around hers to bring her soft skin to his lips to pepper gentle kisses on. Cookie's mouth tipped into a lopsided smile at his declaration and affection. "What'd you say?" he questioned, peering down into her soulful brown eyes.

"I think," she caressed the hand curled around hers, slowly. "That I want a proper wedding this time." He drew her closer. "With my sons."

He bowed his head. "I can make that happen."

"Good," she mused. "In the meantime, you better buy me something to keep this finger warm," she drawled. "Like, I don't know, an engagement ring!" she exclaimed, slapping his hand from hers. "I'm hungry." She announced, throwing her hands up. "Make sure those delivery men don't mess up my furs," she demanded before she spun on her heels and sauntered to the kitchen for a snack. "Juanita, what you got for me?!" Lucious heard his wife call from afar.

"Yes, Ma'am." He muttered with amusement before he sauntered back into the studio for his phone. "Hey, Keem," he greeted after a few rings. "You know that thing I had you stash at your place a month ago...yeah, I need it today, mayne." There was a pause on the line before he heard his son chuckle and ask 'You gon' try it again? You don't think two divorces is enough ?'. "Shut up, boy. Did anyone ask for your opinion? Just bring the damn thing."

Hakeem kissed his teeth through the phone. "You sound just like Ma."

Lucious scrunched up his nose. "Get off my phone, mayne!" He exclaimed before ending the call. "Ay, baby, you better not be in my ice cream!" he hollered out as he strode to the kitchen. "I knew it." He tutted when he saw his baby with a large spoon in his chocolate ice cream. Cookie turned around to glance at him with pursed lips. "You save some for me?"

"Just sit yo' ass down and eat the ice cream, man. Grab the chips, too."

Later that night, Hakeem went to open the mansion door but Lucious beat him to it, causing him to almost fall. "Thanks, Keem." He'd said to his son as he snatched the velvet box out of his son's hand before swinging the door shut. He heard the bang of Hakeem's fist against the door and chuckled as he sauntered out to the balcony where Cookie sat overlooking the garden. "Hey, baby,"