One-Time Thing.

ONE-TIME THING.

"You just don't want to die alone."

Spinning on her heels, Cookie smirked smugly at the flabbergasted look on her ex-husband's face...serves the bastard right. He had some audacity thinking that was going to waltz back into his arms after the mess last night. Just when Cookie thought the son of a bitch couldn't stoop any lower, he fucks his son's wife...the woman he forced Jamal to marry because of his played-out homophobia. Lord, and then - she internally laughs with disbelief - and then, confesses to fathering the little girl he'd had his son believing was his daughter. Day after day, Cookie continued to look back on her past and wonder how she didn't see the monster swimming behind those devilish hazel eyes. She blamed love and stupidity. Love had blindfolded her to the devil Lucifer Lyon really was, but best believe she saw it all now; the ugly, the painful, the lies, and the betrayal.

During her slow strut of victory for stunting the almighty Lucious Lyon, her ex-husband was quick to slam the exit shut before Cookie had a chance to leave. Grabbing her wrist, he boxed her against the door, ignoring the warning glare in her eyes that promised hell if he didn't get the fuck outta her way in less than three seconds. She wasn't in the mood. He was testing her patience.

"Lucious, move." She growled out as he leered over her. Hazel eyes soft and apologetic, pleading with her silently. But Cookie refused to take the bait. Lucious was always apologetic when he needed something. Like a hand to hold before he got sucked into the realms of hell when Death came knocking on his old, decerped door. Cookie scoffed in his face. 'I'm asking you to be my one again' He'd foolishly asked. Had she ever truly been his one because how he had treated her for seventeen long years is not how you treat someone you love...your soulmate. Lucious didn't have a clue what love was. With the way he acted, he made it seem like it was some sort of transaction. Cookie found it hard to believe that this...this was the man she had fallen in love with, risked her life for...had three beautiful babies with.

"Look, I know I've made mistakes, baby," He murmured, apologetically. Cookie pursed her lips. His fists pressed on the door either side of her, trapping her against him with nowhere to look but into his hypnotising eyes. She used to believe eyes were the windows to the soul but Lucious was a master manipulator. Right now, he seemed genuinely regretful, guilty, and sad but Cookie knew you had to possess a heart to feel those kinds of emotions and what lay in her ex-husband's chest with a hard, cold unfeeling rock. "Mistakes that can't be forgiven in this lifetime, but I love you." He sounded earnest. She squeezed her eyes shut, refusing to fall for his lies. "Don't ever doubt me on that." He whispered, gripping her chin between his fingers to force her to look at him. His cold touch sent shivers down her spine. He had an effect on her like no other. She knew he was a bastard...a conniving, evil asshole that deserved every evil thing coming to him, but she loved him. Why did she love him?

To distract herself from a question that she'd never had the answer to, she trailed her brown eyes along his face. Examining every scar and wrinkle that did nothing but make him look more attractive. That rugged, thug appearance always did it for. Had her panties soaked, blood pulsing, legs ready to spread. Swallowing, she tried to shove at his chest. "Lucious, move." She repeated, narrowing her eyes. She didn't want to get sucked into his eyes. Cookie refused to let her guard down for even a minute because that's all it took when it came to Lucious...all it took to be caught up in his web of lies. His soft murmurs of 'I love you' and 'I'm sorry' into her ear as he pumped his thick length inside her tight walls.

"I know you want me, too." He whispered, leaning forward. Their lips inches apart. "I see it in your eyes."

She scoffed. "I'd rather walk over hot coals."