So Beautiful.

So Beautiful.

(Y'all already know what song you should be playing to this one shot, don't you?)

Cookie's 50th had come and gone a few weeks ago and at the time she had been screaming '50 where, bitch?!' as she threw back drinks like she was a reckless teenager again, However, the reality was beginning to settle in that she was getting...old. She blew out a frustrated sigh as she glanced over her shoulder to peer down at her cellulite and sucked her teeth...fuck this shit. Cookie felt her confidence dwindling to an all-time low. The wrinkles were softly beginning to appear and the aching in her joints never seemed to go away. All that was left to complete her utter misery was Little Miss. Bitch Ass Menopause to come knocking at her front door. Distracted in her depressing thoughts, Cookie failed to hear the Gucci loafers slapping against the wooden floor, approaching the master bathroom. She jumped slightly when her husband's colds hands came to settle on her hips, gently pulling her back into her as they stared at each other's reflections through the mirror.

Lucious was 52, still looking all sorts of fine. How was that fair? Surely with all the bullshit this man has done been through...and put others through, he should be looking a little worn out. But oh no, his yella' ass was still toned and looking every bit of a late thirty-year-old. When her husband's supple lips came to feast on the side of her neck, she wiggled out of his embrace.

"I'm not in the mood for none of 'dat." She snapped with pursed lips. Her man sucked his teeth but continued to grip her hips.

"You ain't never in the mood," He grumbled, miserably. Cookie tucked her bottom lip between her teeth and stared sullenly at her reflection. Sex had been playing on her mind a lot. She wasn't comfortable in her skin anymore, and for the first time since their first time, she didn't want to disappoint Lucious. Maybe the sex wouldn't be the same. Or maybe he'd notice the unflattering changes in her body, and she'd become unattractive in his eyes. There were so many worries rattling around her mind that every time he excited her pussy, she instantly became consumed by the 'what ifs', and the mood quickly died.

"Because I've got more important things to be doing," She snapped, defensively. "If all you want from this marriage is sex, you should've married a young whore." She hissed before jerking out of his hold. She knew she was being dramatic...she was internally scolding herself for being so unnecessary harsh, but he was calling her out and she'd never been good with handling personal attacks. Especially as she's been so damn emotional and...insecure.

"I'm not about to entertain this nonsense," Her husband ground out with a look of annoyance. He looked his wife up and down before shaking his head with a seemingly judgemental tut. "I'm headin' to bed. You can do whatever you want," Lucious snapped out.

Before her mind could tell her heart to shut the hell up, she softly called out to him; "Do you think I look old?" Dammnit. She could hear her own damn vulnerability in her tone. How softly she'd spoken it with doe eyes and pouting lips. A wife seeking her husband's reassurance. Lucious' head snapped back in her direction with furrowed eyebrows, genuinely taken aback by the question. Old...old was a word that never once crossed his mind whenever he looked at his wife. She was beautiful, mouthy with a grown woman's body that had his dick twitching in his pants.

"No, babe," He immediately answered before slowly sauntering back toward her. The missing puzzle piece found. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her into her. He watched her look away, instantly on the defense. He frowned. "Is this why you don't want to have sex? Because you think you're old?"

"This isn't about sex!" She cried out. It was so much deeper than that. Throughout her pregnancies, she'd always struggled to love her new body but now seemed to hit her worse than before. The reality that she couldn't snap back from wrinkles, or exercise the aches in her joints away crashed over her like a tsunami. There was no turning back the clock. She was a grandma, a mother of grown-ass men starting families, Life seemed to be flying by without pause, and with it, her confidence. "I just..." She sucked in a breath before looking up into his probing eyes to finally bear her soul to her lover. "Feel unattractive."