Got You.

Got You.

In the living room, succumbed in darkness, Cookie swirled her whiskey around its glass when Lucious rolled into the mansion around three am. Their eyes met as Cookie's head rose to look at Lucious. The soft slam of the door alerted her to his presence. After visiting Renee, she couldn't sleep. So many questions continued to run through her mind; Did her Daddy really keep Renee away from Cookie and her sisters because she cheated on him? Why hadn't Renee came back for them when Daddy had died? What would life have been like if her mother had stuck around? Cookie had tossed and turned in bed, tormenting herself with questions she couldn't answer until she concluded that sleep wouldn't come to her tonight. Instead, she'd threw the silk sheets from her body and wrapped herself up in a robe to pad downstairs on wait on her man...because knowing Lucious he would be steaming and Cookie seemed to have a special touch when it came to calming him down.

"Hey," she murmured with a slight smile as he entered the room. He returned the smile and took the whiskey glass she extended to him. "How did today go?" she questioned, curiously, as Lucious came to sit beside her, pulling her legs onto his lap. He shrugged his shoulders, feigning nonchalance but Cookie knew better. He and Shine had been friends for thirty years and just because the kill was justified didn't make it hurt any less. Especially now since he'd grown, what some might call, a conscience, "Lucious..."

"We did what needed to be done." He muttered eventually, before sipping the bitter liquor. "Exterminating the rats."

Cookie nodded her head, slowly. Shine couldn't be trusted anymore, even if they wanted to let bygones be bygones and call a truce. Shine had fired the bullet from the gun and Lucious had no choice but to shoot back. They may not be in the streets anymore but the code of 'kill or be killed' still stood. Cookie swung her feet to the floor and outstretched her hand to Lucious. He eyed her for a moment before slipping his big firm hand into hers, before rising to his feet.

"Where you taking me, woman?" he questioned as she led him through the house.

"Upstairs. I'm gonna run you a bath and a dip into Hakeem's stash so you can unwind." She declared. Her tone left no room for arguments. Lucious grinned...he loved his woman bossy.

"Yes, Ma'am."

Lucious groaned as his tense muscles met the warm water. The smell of the honey candle burning relaxed him in the tub, whilst he waited for Cookie to come back from Hakeem's old bedroom. Since her heart attack, he had been the one insistent on pampering her, so it felt...odd for the shoe to be on the other foot. Although, Lucious enjoyed being showered in Cookie's affections. Back in Philly, she used to be so openly loving, wearing her heart on her sleeve but after prison, she grew harder and less doting toward him...but she would always be his tender-hearted Loretha. He knew a big, soft heart lied beneath that steel exterior.

When she sauntered in, hips swaying from side to side in that flimsy robe, Lucious couldn't take his eyes off of her. "Why are you looking at me like that?" she questioned with a shy smile when she looked up from lighting the blunt.

"Because you're beautiful." He remarked, truthfully, with that infamous smirk that had Cookie's eyes rolling.

"You aren't getting in my draws, Lucious, cut it out." She reminded, teasingly, as she passed him the blunt.

"We'll see," Lucious mused with a lopsided grin. "You know I love a challenge." He reminded with a wink before he put the blunt between his lips and inhaled the smoke. "Hmm...come get in with me, baby." he purred, his eyes lustful and suggestive. Cookie was almost tempted, but she withheld from his seduction and shook her head.

"Nice try, Lucious," she chuckled as she set the lighter on the side and came to stand beside him. "When I said unwind, I didn't mean 'fuck'." She jested. Lucious pouted for a moment before groaning with satisfaction when Cookie's hands pressed onto his shoulders and her fingers began to knead his tense muscles, working out the knots aching his body.