The Rose.

The Rose.

Requested by many of you.

'Damn that man is bold,' Cookie thought to herself as she pushed the hotel door shut with an amused smile on her face. She hadn't had a man come onto her that confidently since Lucious...and Puma. If she was being honest with herself, she somewhat missed the attention and traitorously had allowed herself to be swayed by a moment's affection, but that determined look in Damon's eyes as he stared down at her while they danced and laughed was too damn intense for Cookie's liking. It had snapped her back into reality.

'You ain't my woman yet.' Yet...yet! She had to laugh, and while the attentiveness was flattering, and this mysterious man was paying her more attention than her own damn husband nowadays since he'd got his precious little Empire back, Cookie was no hoe and wasn't interested in getting mixed up Damon Cross's web. Though, she could see from the wicked gleam in his eyes that had wanted to get all the way tangled up in hers. But Damon must not have spent enough time with Lucious when they were playing poker, because he clearly didn't know about Lucious' temper when it came to his possessiveness over her. If Damon didn't tread carefully, the next thing he'd be dancing with is her husband's gun.

Speaking of boldness, Cookie's mouth quirked up in a smile of disbelief at the sight of a rose on her bed beside a Moet matchbox. 'This damn man,' she mused as she gently picked up the rose and brought it to her nose. It smelt expensive and looked beautiful, but this man was pushing his fucking luck now. Dark brown eyes widened when the door knocked...no way has he dropped her a late-night visit. The man better not be looking for some sordid nightcap because Lucious may not be in her good books at the moment, but that's her man.

When she swung the door open and saw her husband, her face dropped. "Lucious, what are you doing here?" she questioned, exasperatedly. She'd been looking forward to one damn night without him. But of course, her husband couldn't have that. The scowl remained on her face as he strode into the room.

"I just wanted to make sure you were all right, baby." He murmured, coming around to wrap his arms around her waist.

Dodging his affection, "I'm fine, I'm fine, okay? We're fine. We've got the money; it's gonna be wired into our account tomorrow." She told him as she sauntered back into the bedroom area with a hand on her hip.

"Great, well let's turn this visit into a celebration." That mischievous gleam in her husband's eyes, had Cookie rolling her skyward. With everything going on, the first thing that comes to Lucious' mind is sex? Well, he's about to be sorely disappointed when he gets no nookie from Cookie tonight.

"No, no, no, no. What about your interviews?" She questioned, changing the subject. Those interviews that no doubt contained questions about his illegitimate son that tried to destroy their family legacy. Of all the things Lucious has done, having a child with a crackhead truly was the cherry on the cake.

Behind her anger that her husband had another child that she hadn't birthed, she pitied Tracy and Kingsley. That woman had been hooked on drugs - the drugs she and Lucious supplied, to make matters worse - since a teenager that didn't know any better, and Jeff...he missed out on being raised by his father, though if he had asked his brothers a few years ago, they would've said that not being brought up by Lucious was a small mercy. But on top of that, his crackhead Mother filled his head up with all these lies about Lucious not wanting him. Tracy raised that boy with so much hate in his heart Cookie genuinely sympathized. Cookie could say a lot about Lucious' parenting, but at the end of the day, he loved his sons with all his might. He'd go to war for their children and it was a shame Jeff never got to experience a love so fierce.