Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Where the hell is Alucard?" Integra shouted, angered by his tardiness. She crossed her arms, sat back in her chair, and tried to think of where he could be.

"Maybe the sun came up before he could get back and he has taken shelter for the day." offered Walter, as he watched Integra stew.

"He knows damn well to be back by sunup." Ranted Integra, as she puffed away on her cigar.

Integra turned around and looked out of the window again. It was well past sundown. The moon was already rising and it looked like it was going to rain. Suddenly, Alucard appeared out of thin air.

"Good evening, Master." He greeted her with a wicked grin.

"Don't good evening me!" She stood, slammed her hands on her desk, and stared him down. "Where the hell have you been all day?!" 

"Shhh." Alucard taunted her. A great grin creeping across his face. "You'll wake her up."

"Wake up whom...and where are your clothes?" Her face of anger draining into one of confusion, as she looked him up and down.

Integra had been too angry at him before for being late to notice that he was only half dressed. She looked at him questioningly as Alucard stood before her and Walter with only his pants and boots on.

"What have you there?" asked Walter, Intently curious as to the bundle that Alucard was holding.

Alucard unwrapped his coat and then his hat. Inside the both of them was a baby girl wearing Alucard's shirt as a diaper.

"Where did you pick her up from?" Asked Integra. She was sure that her men had accounted for all of the children.

"When your men picked up the other children, they forgot one." explained Alucard.

The baby yawned sleepily and opened her eyes. She blinked as she saw Walter. Then she looked up at Alucard, as if to say 'who is this'.

"This is Walter." introduced Alucard, as he held the child up to get a better look at Walter.

"I'll call social services. They'll place her in a good home." Declared Integra, picking up the phone.

"No." said Alucard, taking the child and holding it closer to himself. "I claim this one as mine."

Integra looked at him, surprised by his behavior. He had challenged her like this only once before. "Look Alucard, I let you keep Seras. But at least she's potty trained. Babies need a lot more care than any of us can give her." Integra told him. "Who's going to take care of her? Where will she sleep?"

"I will and she will sleep with me." He said.

"She will not." Integra exclaimed, with shock.

"Jealous?" smirked Alucard. "You can sleep with me too if you like."

Integra backhanded him for his insubordination. Alucard just chuckled at her. "She can't sleep with you. Children have strange sleep patterns. What if she wakes up and needs to be feed or changed and you're asleep?" asked Integra. "Will you awaken to take care of her?"

"I will take good care of her." Alucard insisted.

"No. Not this time Alucard." said Integra. She dialed a number. "Hello. Is this child services?"

Alucard growled at her, but Integra Ignored him.

"Yes, this is Sir Integra Hellsing. Alucard don't look at me like that, you're not keeping her." spoke Integra.

"This is Mary Williams; how may I help you." answered a voice on the other end.

"I have a child here for you to pick up."

"Sir Hellsing, we are still trying to place the other 547 children you gave us yesterday." complained Mary.

"Yes, I know you're busy, but she can't stay here." said Integra. "I haven't the means or the time to look after her."

"But you're Sir Hellsing." said Mary. Mary knew for a fact that Sir Hellsing was rich, powerful, and lived alone. Her home could easily be a home for at least ten children.

"She's not staying here." Insisted Integra, angrily.

"Very well, what's her name?" asked Mary.

"I don't know." said Integra. "Alucard, what's her name. What did the people at the orphanage name her?"

"Her name is George." said Alucard, still cradling the child in his arms.

"George, who the hell would name a girl George?" questioned Integra.

"I would." said Alucard.

"YOU named her? What is wrong with you today?!" exclaimed Integra. "You can't name a girl George."

"And girls should were dresses." Countered Alucard knowing that it would piss her off.

Integra glared at him for casting that gibe at her.

"Fine." said Integra. "Her name is George."

"Does she have a middle name?" asked Mary.

Just then Seras appeared. "Hey, what's all the excitement about?" She asked. She had sensed an excitement and an electricity in the air. Then she saw what Alucard was holding. "Oh, a baby! What's her name?" Seras asked, taking George from Alucard.

"Her name is George." said Alucard, as he pondered Seras' great elation to the new arrival.

Seras rocked George in her arms, made cooing noises at her and tickled her tummy. George kicked and giggled at her.

"She likes me." declared Seras happily.

"George, this is your big sister Seras." introduced Alucard, pointing to Seras.

"Oh, are we keeping her?!" asked Seras, excitedly. "That's wonderful. I've always wanted a little sister. There are so many things I want to show you George."

"Officer Victoria, don't get attached to it. She's not staying!" Barked Integra.

"Child's middle name?" asked Mary again, tired of being ignored.

"Officer Victoria!" Integra shouted, trying to get Seras' attention.

"Victoria. That's a good name." said Mary, taking the first name she heard. "Surname?"

"Hm, what was that?" asked Integra, completely distracted by the turn of events.

"Surname." stated Mary.

"Hellsing. I told you that already. Just come and pick her up." ordered Integra.

"What's her father's name?" asked Mary.

"Alucard, I told you NO." complained Integra. "Alucard cut that out!"

"Father's name is Alucard. Hm, it must be a German name. Right then. George Victoria Hellsing, daughter of Alucard and Integra Hellsing. Congratulations Mrs. Hellsing, the adoption papers will arrive in three days. Enjoy your new baby girl." chuckled Mary, as she slyly hung up on Integra.

"What?! What a minute! Damn her she hung up on me!" growled Integra, highly annoyed that someone would dare to trick her into anything.

Alucard just stood there laughing. The great Integra Hellsing hornswoggled by a civil servant. "Welcome to the family, George." smiled Alucard, his fangs peeking through, as he laughed at the flustered Integra.

"She's not staying." decided Integra, hitting the redial button.

"Is too." Alucard told her, smugly.

"Is not."

"Is too."

"NO, SHE'S NOT!"