Chapter 10

Alucard was bored. There had been no freak attacks now for quite some time. He wondered what they were up to. Suddenly, Seras appeared before him and she was holding George. Alucard just looked at her, with a single arched eyebrow, questioning her blatant intrusion.

"Master, would you mind watching George for a while? I have to finish up some reports for Walter and George keeps trying to eat them." said Seras.

Alucard said nothing; he just gave her a simple nod. 

 "Thank you, master." Seras put George down at Alucard's feet. Then she disappeared. Just as quickly, she reappeared with L-card and a few blocks for her to play with. "Now be good for master, George." said Seras, giving George a pat on the head.

Then Seras disappeared leaving George alone with Alucard. George looked up at Alucard and smiled. Alucard looked down at George and frowned. So, George played with her blocks for a while. Stacking them this way and that way, knocking them down again, and tossing them around. Alucard just rolled his eyes. Soon George got bored with her blocks and wanted to be held. She picked up her L-card rabbit and toddled over to Alucard.

Alucard just watched her walk over to him. George was a curious little human. She had nearly died twice. And both times, she managed to survive. The more he wondered about her, the more similarities he found between them. He too had survived his childhood, Turks and all, to grow up and become ruler of his people. Alucard wondered what kind of human George would grow up to be.

By now, George had reached Alucard and used his legs to steady herself as she stood up.

"The 'Turks' with never kill us, will they little one?" asked Alucard.

Alucard almost never spoke to George verbally. He knew she not only heard him when he spoke to her mentally, but she understood him as well. George looked up into his eyes and smiled. She then put her rabbit L-card in her mouth and tried to climb into Alucard's lap. Alucard made no move to help her. He wanted to see just how strong and determined she could be.

George clung to him and climbed up his legs, but she slipped twice and ended back on the floor. She cried as her butt hit the floor. But Alucard made no movements to help her. Alucard just laughed at her. Then George got mad. She threw the rabbit L-card at him and it landed in his lap. Alucard picked it up. The rabbit dressed like him was her most prized possession. Why would she throw it at him, even in anger? Alucard was about to throw it back at her when he left a pain in his left leg.

Looking down, He saw that George was attempting to climb up again. But this time she was using her teeth to help climb. So that was it. She couldn't climb and hold onto L-card at the same time. Alucard waited as George slowly climbed up into his lap. She grabbed for his belt, and used her feet to kick herself up into his lap. Once securely in his lap, George cheered. She had successfully climbed Mt. Alucard, and she did it all on her own. Alucard handed L-card back to her. She took it and hugged it. Then she sat back, sucked her thumb, and relaxed in Alucard's lap. Alucard pulled her thumb out of her mouth.

"Vampire Hunters do NOT suck their thumbs." he decreed.

George ignored him and put it back. He growled at her, darkly, but she ignored him. Alucard took L-card from her and she looked up at him. then He gave her mental images of him cutting off her thumbs, if she didn't stop sucking them. George backed down and took her thumb out of her mouth. Alucard then returned L-card to her.

"Good. You are so like you mother Integra. You hate being laughed at."  said Alucard. "And no matter how many times you try or how long it takes you, you will succeed." Alucard crossed his legs and gave her a smaller mountain to climb.

George put L-card up there first, as if to use him for a lookout. Then she climbed over Alucard's over leg and hung over the edge, looking at the ground. Tired of that view, she stood up and tried climbing onto Alucard's shoulders. Alucard made no movements, he just rolled his eyes.

George looked down at Alucard and smiled in triumph as if to say, "I told you I could do it".

"A reward for you efforts then." said Alucard.

Alucard waved his left hand and George's blocks began to move. George watched in amused fascination as Alucard made her blocks move up and down, left and right, and then in tiny circles. George practically leapt off his shoulder. His reflexes caught her before she hit the ground and gave her a soft landing. George waddled over to the bricks, waved her left hand, and tried to get them to move as Alucard's had done. But nothing happened. She waved her tiny hand again; but still nothing happened. She looked back at Alucard.

"They won't move for you." he said. "Because you're human. Humans are incapable of telekinesis."

George just looked at him questioningly. Alucard spoke directly to her mind, so he knew she understood. He also knew that that answer would not stop her.

"Iar." thought George. <again>

Alucard waved his left hand again and the blocks moved to form a vertical tower. George waved her hand too, but nothing happened. She looked at Alucard and tears welled up in her eyes.

"No sense in crying about it. I've already told you; humans can't do it. Give it up." he told her.

George heard him, but refused to believe him. She tried again and again and again. Soon she heard Alucard laughing at her. She screwed up her face into an angry face and glared at Alucard. Alucard just laughed harder.

"Now you look like your mother." he laughed.

George had it. She put L-card down. She growled angrily at the blocks and waved both hands. George stared at them hard, very hard. The look on Alucard's face was a true Kodak moment, if anyone had seen it. He looked down at George who sat there in triumph. One block had moved. It didn't go far, but it had moved enough to topple over and fall to the floor. George looked back at Alucard, a smug smile on her little face. Alucard smiled in defeat and clapped for her.

"Good job, George." he told her vocally.

George picked up L-card and made her way over to Alucard. This time he reached down and picked her up. She sat in his lap, happy and content, hugging L-card. Then she yawned and laid down in his lap.

"Exhausting, isn't it?" he chuckled.

He mentally called his coat over to him and laid it over George. George curled up in it and went to sleep. Alucard watched her sleep. Humans were ordinary and pathetic creatures that wasted their precious time chasing fleeting ideas and monetary gain. 98% of who never rose out of mediocrity. However, there were a few humans that had managed to capture his attention; namely his companions and some of his enemies.

These humans rose above being just humans because they sought to be better, stronger, and rose above their human limitations. He had seen it in Integra, when she stood before him a trembling child refusing to yield to the power of a vampire, and then having the courage to kill her treacherous uncle. He had seen it in Seras, when she refused to give up when her family was murdered before her eyes, and then she chose to die instead of letting a rouge vampire escape. And now he had seen it in George, an undeniable will to do what others said couldn't be done, and to succeed at all she tried no matter what. This "I will or die trying" attitude that was in all his girls. Alucard smiled as he placed a gentle hand on George's back and stroked her.

"It must be a side effect from when you were inside me. You've stolen some of my powers, haven't you? Well, I will make you a great warrior then; smarter than your mother and stronger than me."