Chapter 91

Jonathan and Integra were worried, when little Elizabeth was born. She looked more like a little wolf cub than a child. The simple explanation was that Integra's body was still under the effects of the lunar eclipse when Elizabeth was conceived. But nonetheless, little Elizabeth was greatly loved by her parents.

Elizabeth Fairbrook Wilhelmina Hellsing was born on a warm summer's night. She had brown hair and blue eyes like her father; but she had pinned back ears like a little wolf. Elizabeth or Eli, as her brothers like to call her, spent most of her time with George and Ink. The reason being that now Jonathan had made Integra more sociable, the queen liked to send them as her representatives to many different social and political affairs.

However, George was busy with her butler work for Hellsing, so she gave little Elizabeth to Ink.

"Ink, I want you to watch over her like you did me when I was little." said George, lying Elizabeth down on her stomach before Ink.

"Yes, master. I would be my honor." smiled Ink, sniffing her over and giving her a little lick.

Elizabeth giggled and kicked her little feet at him.

"And Ink..."

"Yes, master." 

"Don't potty train her like you did me. I'd never hear the end of it from Sir if she found Eli pissing on Redwood Trees." chuckled George.

"Don't worry, I promise to train her properly." Ink laughed at George, as he remembered their shared past.

"Good boy." said George, giving him a scratch behind his ears and a pat on the head.

Ink watched George leave and then looked down at Elizabeth, who was struggling to learn to crawl.

"Come little cub, the first thing we must teach you is proper crawling."

Ink reached down and picked Elizabeth up in his teeth by the scruff of her neck and carried her off to softer ground. When George came looking for her to change her diaper and feed her lunch, Ink had successful taught her to crawl and to sit up.

From then all, she followed Ink everywhere like a good little wolf cub and did everything he did. Yes, even dig up the backyard and buried stuff. But Ink had taught her to properly use the potty by age two; a feat George couldn't properly perform until she was almost four. And like when George was a child, Ink taught Elizabeth to sit up, roll over and jump; tasks that she thought were a game and she loved to play.

After a while, little Elizabeth wouldn't go to Jonathan or Integra and she cried whenever they picked her up. Elizabeth wanted always to be with Ink. So they just left her with Ink and Ink raised her as his own. She was fast and flexible. She could run, do cart wheels, fall and always land on her feet. When she turned five, Ink turned into a little boy and taught her how to swim. He also began to teach her to wrestle, just like he had done with George.

At seven, Ink trained her like George had been trained; like a Spartan. He wasn't as hard on Elizabeth as Alucard had been with George, but he did teach her strength and endurance. As with all the Hellsing children, George taught her to read and write in English, Latin, German, and Italian. And while Elizabeth had a good mind, she much preferred physical training with Ink.

However, when she turned ten, George introduced her to the motor pool. It was supposed to be a punishment for not cleaning her room and leaving L-card out in the rain on the patio table. But Elizabeth took to fixing vehicles like Winnie the Pooh loves honey. She'd constantly skip out of doing homework to go and work in the motor pool. Needless to say, George would always punish her by locking the motor pool doors; an obstacle she overcame when unknown to George she copied the motor pool key.