Chapter 93

Epilogue: Good Ideas

These were all good ideas and given enough time (and a good enough plot line) I probably could have come up with a story. But I don't have the time and I'm too tired to think anymore.

George's Date with Darren: I just mentioned him. I had no intension of writing a story for him; but then some of the later chapters I've written I had thought to write until your reviews prompted me to think about them.

So if George was ever sent on a blind date sanctioned by the queen what would it be like? But first you ask what kind of boy Darren is. Darren has short black hair and brown eyes. He is a boy scout with aspirations of joining the British Air Corp as soon as he's old enough. He's a by the book kind of boy, but loves to fly. He is all about flying.

When he is told that he will be dating George Hellsing, his first question was why he was to be dating a boy. But he is brought to Buckingham Palace by his parents and they are informed of the queen's plan. Darren is given George's file and he is duly warned about George. For some strange reason, he decides that George is a wild stallion that needs to be tamed. He gets it into his head to try and turn George into a proper girl suitable for marrying. But for some reason, he doesn't see himself as the one marrying George. He sees himself just as her groomer.

Darren shows up to pick up George and is surprised that she is the butler of the house. They argue for quite some time about the proper roles of men and women in society until Integra breaks up the fight and orders George to go out with him. George complies only because Integra threatens to tell Alucard to punish her again if she doesn't.

Once George is properly dressed, Darren takes George to a very expensive restaurant. Darren tries to hold a civil conversation with George, but she either doesn't answer him or she answers him sarcastically. He then takes her to the Opera to see Madam Butterfly, George falls asleep. After the opera, he decides to tell George exactly what he thinks of her. George just laughs at him.

"If you really what to know what kind of girl I am, let's go."

"Ah, George...please slow down!!" cried out Darren. "The rules of the road specially state in the in town speed as ..."

"Oh, shut up. I'm gonna show you what this car can really do. You've got a 3.0 liter twin turbo 6-cylinder engine and you drive like my grandmother. Speaking of which, I wonder if I ever had one. Sir never mentions her. Oh, well. Did you know that this car can go from 0 to 62 in 5.3 seconds?"

George takes the wheel of his car and takes Darren to the Wacky Races. This is a place where you can bring ordinary cars and test your driving skills against other drivers. Humans come from all over bringing everything from Mini coopers to Aston Martins. They race to see who's fastest, to see who has greater reflexes to ordinary road hazards, and to see who can drink coffee, talk on the cell phone and drive at the same time. (like I say Wacky Races). George enters Darren's car, a Montego Blue BMW 135i Convertible, much to his dismay. She wins two of the races; speed and reflexes, but the multitasking of drinking coffee and driving she loses. She's upset by this, because she hates losing.

"How can anybody be expected to drink and drive, or text and drive, or shave and drive at the same time. That's just stupid!" shouts George in disgust.

"Any yet most people do it every day as part of their lives." commented Darren.

"Which is most likely why none of them can drive properly." argued George.

"Tell me about it." laughed Darren.

After racing, George took Darren to back home. They snuck into Integra's hanger and took her F-22. Darren's eye lit up when he saw it.

"Oh my god! This is yours!"

"It will be someday. Want to fly in it?"

"Yes! But I don't have a license."

"No worries. I do."

George takes Darren up and he about loses his mind. He can't contain his excitement in flying and he is majorly impressed with George's flying ability. After that George drops him off at his house. His parents are concerned when the F-22 lands on their street, and are just as amazed when he jumps out. He thanks George for the night of his life and gives up his ideas to change her. He asks her out again, but George tells him she's in love with another. He hates to lose her, but he understands. He wonders why the queen sent him out with her in the first place.

"She did it to piss me off. She knows I hate dating." said George.

~~~

Yes, I know this could have been a full story, but there's not enough meat for me to make this outline a story. Not a good one anyway.

The Queen's Blessing: a chapter in which she finds out that George and Michael have a thing for each other and uses their friendship to create stronger ties with the Vatican; A union that failed when Maxwell pissed off Integra and sparked a feud that has lasted forty years. But with George and Michael, her majesty had hoped to put the violent past behind them. As for marrying the two of them, I think I would have let the readers decide. I like the fact that they have the freedom to live separate lives and that they feel they can fight with each other without affecting their friendship. I'm not so sure that would be the same if they were married. You tell me, would you have wanted to see them married or not.

Nanny George: A filler chapter, just a chapter that shows how George helps to take care of seven Hellsing children.

Mutants arise: May have tried to create a new hazard to the night. Just because Alucard and George have killed just about every night walker there is. Something akin to the demons I set loose in Integra's 38th Birthday.

George and Dark Walter: A story that won't be written given the fact that Walter is dead. But if I were going to write one, it would have been a culmination of Walter becoming a traitor and then him trying to convince George to join him; a task that would have been entirely too easy if he knew about the 100 vampires incident.

But then the more I thought about it, the more I began to think. If I can bring back Ink, how could I bring back Walter? Cloning. Twins are rarely exactly alike, that's been proven. So how is Walter a clone. Maybe he was all along. After all, Arthur created Alucard, when he bound him to himself. What if he created Walter too? What if there had been two of them? What if after all these years, William has finally returned to even the score, but Arthur is dead and Integra is in charge. He could kidnap Integra, bind Alucard, and George has to free them. How would George fight someone who also knew everything there is to know about Hellsing? How could I create a story that isn't a repeat of the Ilkin Baig incident?

I fried my brain on this one. Once I came up with the clone idea. There were too many possibilities to explore and I had to stop before my brain exploded.

The Boy Scouts: Since the boy scouts started in England and Jonathan loves camping, I would have created a chapter with him as scout master. He would lead his sons and some other boys out camping and trying to earn their merit badges. A party that George, Elizabeth, and Ink would have crashed, by scaring them at night with ghost sounds, pouring honey all over their stuff and letting baby bears loose in their camp, or by using her powers of telekinesis to cause them to think their campgrounds were haunted. You know George stuff.

Anyway like I said, they're all great ideas; I just don't have the energy or inclination to write them.

Note: Up until now, I've given the Hellsings and almost perfect life with almost perfect kids. But if I were to make it even more real, and give the characters human traits and with real life problems, it would indeed be a darker Hellsing.