Chapter 63

George sighed as she sat in prison...again. Six months, what the hell was she going to do for six months? Then she remembered what Alucard had said about focusing her mind and projecting her chi. She looked around the basement dungeon. It has stone walls, hard and cold. Yes, practicing her magic down here was ideal. Hopefully, she didn't set herself on fire at the same time.

George stood and she closed her eyes.

"Focus, clear your mind and focus."

George thought about fire. She spread her hands out in front of her like she had seen other wizards do on TV.

"Fire is hot. Fire is red. Red like anger. Red like blood. See the red, focus your anger."

Slowly, George's hands began to grow hot. The heat increased in her palms. But she couldn't project the flame. She could only feel the heat. George stopped concentrating and looked at her hands. They were already beginning to cool. Her shoulders dropped.

"This is gonna take a while."

**

In the meantime, in the evenings, Seras helped Walter with his duties.

"Walter, allow me to help you with that."

"I can still manage some things on my own, Miss Victoria." assured Walter, as he dried the dishes.

"I'm sorry." said Seras, helping to put the dishes away.

"Don't be. I find it quite pleasurable to be able to spend more time with you. I just wish my body was better able to take advantage of the situation."

"So do I." smirked Seras, as she gave him a gently kiss on his cheek. "Why don't you allow Alucard...?"

"No. I am tired. I have grown tired of fighting, tired of serving, and I just want to sleep." told Walter, as he walked toward his room.

Seras looked sadly at Walter, as she watched him rest in his recliner. She covered him up with a blanket, and turned on his radio for him. Walter relaxed, as he let the gentle classical music carry him to sleep. Suddenly, he spoke.

"Don't forget to feed George."

"Don't worry Walter, I will take care of everything." she promised, giving his forehead a kiss.

It was 6pm when Seras came down to feed George. George looked up from her seated position as the door opened. Seras laid her food down on the table, and then sat down beside her.

"Why did you bury him in the backyard?" asked Seras, wanting to hear George's side of the story.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." shrugged George. "If he weren't here, then everything would go back to normal. The way it used to be."

"It's too late for that; Sir Integra has grown to love him. Right now, she sitting in her office alone, and staring at her father's picture."

"Hm." George sat there and thought about Seras' words.

"George, you don't know what it was like here before you came. Sir Hellsing was all work and no play." Seras explained to her, with a warm smile. "She was cold and uncaring. She did her job, but not much else. She wasn't happy."

"She wasn't? But she had you and master." said George, as she scooted over to listen to her sister.

"But we are vampires. We are her servants. It wasn't until you came along that we became a family. You should have seen how she smiled as she taught you your ABCs. You'd sit in her lap and write them over and over. You made her remember what it was like when her father was alive, and how he used to teach her."

"And Jon?" asked George, as she rolled her eyes.

"Jon is her husband." said Seras, with a happy sigh. "He is the first man that she has ever trusted in her whole life."

"What about master and Walter? She trusts them." reminded George. She couldn't believe that Jon was her mother's favorite.

"She grew up with them. They know her and she knows them. But Jon is the first man to ever gain her trust. He is the only man that has ever looked at Sir Integra like a woman and not a Master of Monsters. Most of Sir Integra's suitors have been pompous men that have wanted her as a trophy wife, or even worse, wanted to steal the Hellsing Organization from her. None of them have ever loved her. None of them would lie down their lives to protect her. None of them would ever care what she wanted or how she felt. But Jon...Jon really does love her. He wants to care for her. He wants to be there for her. And whether or not they ever have children, he wants to always be with her."

"She was... happy with him?" George asked softly.

"Yes George, like the way you were when it was just us." Seras ran her fingers through George's hair. "Do you remember how it felt when they took you from us and gave you to the Smiths?"

"Yes." frowned George, greatly. Her eyes narrowed as she remember that contemptible human named Mr. Smith.

"Now you know how Sir Integra feels right now, because you took Jon from her. And not just for three weeks, but forever."

"Why couldn't she have just chosen master? Then everything would have been fine." sulked George.

"Would you have married Ink?" asked Seras, out of the blue.

"Huh?" George gave her a questioning look.

"Would you have married Ink?" Seras asked her again.

George pouted. She hadn't forgotten Ink. She had just been so pre-occupied with Jon. Now that she thought about him, she missed him. She missed Ink a lot. Tears started to well up in her eyes.

"No." said George.

"Why not? You grew up with him. You know him and he knew you." Seras ticked off each point on her fingers. "You loved him and he died for you. So why wouldn't you marry him?"

George thought about what Seras said. Then she remembered Alucard's true form. Ink was a part of Alucard. All of his shadow servants were. The only difference really, was that he had more features to make himself more presentable to humans. He could just as easily be a girl, or a dog, or a dragon. George remembered that both Seras and Alucard had said that...

"We'll just make another shadow dog."

To which she had replied...

"I'd just be another shadow dog. It wouldn't be Ink."

Suddenly, George realized why Integra could no more marry Alucard, than she could marry Ink. They did not really exist. They were like...imaginary friends; imaginary friends with incredible powers, but still...unable to truly be a part of this "human" world.

"Seras." called George softly.

"Yes, George." replied Seras.

"Please tell sir, I'm sorry." George sniffed back her tears.

"Sorry for burying Jon?" Seras questioned her.

"No, I still don't like him." George looked up at Seras. "But I'm sorry that I've made her unhappy."

Seras stood up to leave. "I will tell her. Anything else?"

"Can you bring me the Grimoire from the library?"

"I don't know." Seras answered honestly. That book is not a toy. "I'll try."

"Thank you."

Seras left. She closed the door to the cell, and left the dungeons; leaving George all alone.