Chapter 55

It was lunchtime and George called home, to find out if Mrs. Smith would let her go over to Rachel's house after school.

"Mrs. Smith."

"George, why don't you call me mummy?" asked Mrs. Smith, as she folded up the laundry and held the phone to her ear with her shoulder.

George pretended to consider it. "No. Mrs. Smith, may I stay at a friend's house today?"

"I thought you didn't have any friends."

"I don't, but Michael does. He's introduced me to a nice girl and she's having friends over. So may I go?"

"Yes, George. But call me when you get there and give me a number where I can reach you."

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you."

George hung up the phone and found Michael leaning against the wall, while he waited for her to finish her call.

"See George, normal people aren't so bad." teased Michael.

"Are you coming?" asked George, wondering what Michael interest in all this was.

"You and weapons training? I wouldn't miss this for the world."

**

Meanwhile, while Sir Integra waited for word from the queen, she was called to an emergency Round Table meeting.

"Sir Integra Hellsing, it has been brought to our attention that the undead are now robbing banks." said Sir Irons.

Integra just sat there staring at him. She didn't believe him. Why would ghouls rob banks?

"I know what you're thinking. I can see it in your eyes. I didn't believe it either. But two weeks ago there was a robbery. No hostages were taken; they didn't even bother with them. They just walked into the bank and started shooting. They used explosives to blow the vault and then took the money. They left the valuables, jewels and such, they just wanted the cash. Someone pushed the alarm and the police arrived. The robbers made no demands; they just walked out the front door with the money. And because the cops were using ordinary lead bullets, the robbers just walked right past them." he explained.

"Did anyone think to follow them?" asked Integra, still not believing this ludicrous story.

"They did, all the way to the local cemetery."

"Did they bury the money for later pick up?"

"That's what they thought, so they started digging, but they found nothing. No money and no robbers."

"Burrowers?" asked Integra, now very interested in this case.

"Maybe, but there were no footprints, no vehicle tracks. They just disappeared. We already know that ghouls can be used for waging war; however, using them to rob banks, this just being absurd. You will handle this, of course." told Sir Irons, being serious even with such an inane subject.

"Of course, I'll put Seras on it right away." assured Integra, standing up to get on the case.

"Good. I expect an update by the end of the week."

**

"They're doing what?" asked Seras, giggling, as Sir Integra informed her servants of the details of the Round Table meeting.

"They are robbing banks and getting away with it because the police can't stop them." explained Integra.

"So we're facing a necromancer." reasoned Alucard.