Chapter 16

Integra was walking from the kitchen to her office when the doorbell rang. Since she was the closest, she answered it. It was Sir Whitmore. She considered just closing the door in his face, but thought better of it.

"Good afternoon, Sir Whitmore." she greeted, not really wanting to let him in. "How may I help you?"

Undaunted by her lack of civility to invite him in, Sir Whitmore stepped around her and entered her home.

"I came to ask how George is doing?" said Sir Whitmore.

Integra raised an eyebrow. 'Sure you did.'

"You remember." accused Sir Whitmore. "You left a round table meeting with your servant Alucard to check on him."

That had been over four months ago. She thought they had forgotten. She should have known better than to hope for such a thing. They were just waiting for an excuse.

"He's just fine." she answered. "Thank you for stopping by."

"I would see this for myself, if you don't mind." he said strongly. "We only wanted to ensure you weren't using Alucard as an excuse to slip out of boring meetings."

"You mean like the rest of you do when your wives are helpless or your children are sick." countered Integra.

Sir Whitmore gave her a very nasty grin. "Precisely."

"Well, here he comes now." said Integra, watching Ink saunter through the house with a cookie in his mouth. "And carrying a cookie no less."

Sir Whitmore looked down and saw Ink, George's little familiar and dark puppy.

"That's George." commented Sir Whitmore, in disbelief.

"Yes, as you can see he's all better and stealing from the kitchen already." said Integra, as she picked up Ink. "And just where are you going with that cookie?"

Ink just stared back at her trying to look innocent with his six big puppy dog eyes.

"Don't even try it." said Integra, taking the cookie from him.

The puppy started whimpering at Integra for taking his cookie.

"That dog has six eyes." said Sir Whitmore, in surprise.

"Yes, it's vampiric." said Integra, putting the puppy down again. "So you can imagine that it was quite an emergency."

The puppy just sat there at her feet, looking at her with sad eyes and whimpering at the lost of his cookie.

"I don't care." said Integra, placing the cookie on the table. "Mission or no, you're not getting that cookie back. So go on back to your room." Now the puppy started howling in sadness. Integra just gave it a gentle kick with her foot. "Room, now!" she ordered. The puppy crawled off in defeat. So Integra returned her attention to Sir Whitmore. "Now if that's all you wanted. Have a nice day."

Integra ushered him none to gently back towards the front door.

"Now that you mention it, Sir Hellsing." said Sir Whitmore, slipping out of her grip.

Integra just sighed heavily. "Yes." she snapped.

"There's a fashion...." began Sir Whitmore, but he didn't finish.

"No." said Integra, now pushing him out the door.

"Sir Integra Hellsing, when will you ever start socializing with the rest of humanity?" asked Sir Whitmore, indignantly.

"When you start having gun shows." grinned Integra wickedly, as she closed the door in his face.

Integra walked to her office. As she passed the table where she left the cookie, she noticed that it was gone.

"George." she growled.

Integra went to George's room. She opened the door and saw George sitting in the middle of her floor. L-card was sitting there with half the cookie in front of him. George sat chew on the other half and she was hugging Ink. Ink's tailed wagged and wagged happily. He was happy that he had been able to fulfill his master's wishes.

Integra could do nothing, but shake her head in defeat. She walked into George's room and patted Ink on his head.

"Good boy." she commented, in amusement. "Too bad Alucard isn't as obedient."