Chapter 4

Integra Hellsing woke up as she always did at 5am. She exercised, she showered, and she dressed. She decided to forgo breakfast today as she still had a lot of paperwork to do about last night's mission.

It was 8 am when Walter brought Integra her tea, the morning paper, and a baby bottle. Integra watched as Walter set her tea and paper down and then raised an eyebrow at him as he set down the baby bottle.

"Walter, why is my milk in a baby bottle?" she asked, as she stared at the bottle.

"That bottle is not for your sir. It is for George." corrected Walter, as he tested it on his arm.

"Whose George?"

"Whose George? Good lord, sir. Have you forgotten about her already? George is your daughter."

"My what?" Integra exclaimed, as she dropped her teacup back down onto the saucer with a none to gentle clang.

"George Victoria Hellsing, your adopted daughter." stated Walter plainly, as if giving an afternoon lecture. "You and Alucard agreed to..."

"So that's what we were fighting about." remembered Integra, finally recalling the mental image of her and Alucard yelling at each other about something.

Walter just looked at Integra with disbelief as she fought to bring the memory forward. "You seriously forgot? That quickly?"

"Like I pay any attention to Alucard and his crazy ideas."

Walter just smiled at her and shook his head. "To refresh your memory sir, you and Alucard agreed to adopt Baby George. You and I are to care for her during the day. Alucard and Seras are to care for her at night."

"Why did I agree to that?"

"Because you need the practice and because officer Victoria practically begged you to keep her."

"She wants a sister that badly?" asked Integra, as she sat there just staring at the baby bottle and thinking of all that it implied.

"Yes, sir. She does. You must remember that Seras was an only child."

"So was I." Integra added, in her defense. "I don't remember begging mum and father for siblings."

"If I may ask, and I must, where is George?" asked Walter. Concern and worry overcame him as he looked around for her.

"I don't know." stated Integra, as she went back to work. "Where did you leave her?"

"You don't know?! Sir, isn't she in your room?"

"I didn't see her." said Integra, trying to remember if there was anyone else in her room.

"Come along sir, Let's go find her." said Walter, taking Integra by the arm, as he put the baby bottle in his pocket.

"But..." protested Integra, as she allowed Walter to guide her back to her room.

Walter opened the door to her room and turned on the lights. Integra scanned the room and there in the far corner against the wall was a baby crib. As Integra walked over to the crib to look inside, Walter opened her drapes, tied them back, and opened the windows for some fresh air.

As soon as the light hit her, George began to gurgle and play. Integra cautiously looked inside the crib. Silently hoping that there would be nothing there. But, the crib wasn't empty. Baby George lay there on her back and playing with her toes. Integra balked at the child in the morning light. She was at least six or seven months old. She had soft black hair and bright blue eyes. She had a pert little nose, tiny hands, and small little feet. George seemed to be happily playing by herself and her cheeks puffed up when she smiled. She was...a baby.