Chapter 57

It was three weeks, before the queen came back to England; and in those three weeks, George had secured another follower. Every morning, she woke the Smiths up with a different song.

"Anyone stepping to me you'll get burned, Cause I got lyrics and you ain't got none. So if you come to battle bring a shotgun, But if you do you're a fool, cause I duel to the death. Try and step to me you'll take your last breath, I gots the skill, come get your fill; Cause when I shoot ta give, I shoot to kill. So step out your seat and jump around. "

"George!!" bellowed Mr. Smith.

"George, please turn that noise off!" requested Mrs. Smith.

George just laughed as she made breakfast and prepared lunches for the day. Using Freddy's Star Wars figures and G.I. Joes, she taught Sarah the art of war. She taught her that you didn't have to be strong, IF you could be smart. She taught her manners and discipline. She taught her what Integra had taught her; respect, duty, and honor. She even taught her how to logistically run a household. Sarah helped as George took inventory of the fridge and pantry, and created shopping lists for Mrs. Smith. Together, they made sure that each room was clean and perfectly put away. Schedules were made and followed. And George even snuck Sarah out of the house at night to practice with her and Ink.

Freddy never did get it, though. He continued to tease his sister and tattle on George; until one day, his sister hip tossed him to the ground and punched him in the face. Mrs. Smith reprimanded George and forbid her to teach Sarah such violent things. Mr. Smith took more direct action, and kept Sarah and George apart; but little Sarah's life was about to change forever.

George was at Rachel's house. She was practicing on their shooting range when Ink came to her. They had moved on from paper targets and were now shooting at electronically controlled moving targets.

"Damn George, you've only been practicing for three weeks and you're almost as good as me." praised Rachel.

"My mother and father are both excellent shots and they practice every day." said George, as she shot a moving target dead center in its chest.

"Whoa, that's a big dog." said Rachel, as she spied Ink coming towards them.

Ink grabbed George by the wrist and pulled her behind a wall. "George, you have to go home right now. The Smiths are in trouble." he warned.

"So." said George, pulling away from him.

He pushed her against the wall and looked her dead in the eye. "A Hellsing protects people's lives. So are you a Hellsing or aren't you?"

George put her gun away, thanked Rachel for letting her train, and had Ink take her to the Smith's House. She entered their home through the kitchen and witnessed a burglary in progress. All the Smiths were on the living room couch. All of them were tied up and gagged. She could see their fear. She could see Sarah crying.

"How many?" asked George.

"Three. One down here and two upstairs." reported Ink.

"Is that all?"

"George, you must ensure the Smiths safety first."

"No problem." George started chanting and set up a spell of protection around the family. Then she slammed the kitchen door and called out. "Hey mom! I'm home!"

The burglar waited for George to come out of the kitchen, but she didn't.

"Hey mom! What's for dinner?!"

The burglar called down one of his buddies from upstairs to watch the family, while he checked out the kitchen. George held a kitchen knife in her hands, and waited for him to come into the kitchen. She waited for him behind the fridge door, as she pretended to rummage for food.